I'm a city camper

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INVADER ZIM

Reaction score
Hello, I'm a city camper. I'm in a new white Chevy 6-cylnd. that sure helps me save gas, also with no side or rear windows. I'm 5'-8" so I only have to bend over a little and can still stand to do some things, no big high top I blend in better with this type of setup and lookes very clean.

To share, well, I for the last 9 months have been staying in the same night after night sleeping spot, while by day go to another locations or work.

I have discoverd that one of the best places to stay if living in the city is the parking lot of a NURSING HOME.

The one I'm at the landscape makes me feel like I'm surounded by nature. Whith its huge tropical landscape, ducks, rabbits, swans, ponds, others birs and many florals. Its even better than the city park with its free wi-fi, plenty of places to eat, and up to three floors of comfy furniture to sit on while watching TV or Internet surfing. I don't cook or clean plenty of cheap places to eat, plus I don't feel that cooking for one person is worth it and it makes my van setup very simple.

I can wash my hair, floss, brush theeth, and shave at the nursing home or at any two of the publix grocery stores with thier single use bathroom. Sooo, no need for a gym. Late at night when its cooler I bathe the rest of my body whith bath whipes. They are much larger 81/2"x11" and are use by hospitals and nursing homes. Best of all its sold by Walmart, look for the maker Asurence its only found at Walmart and sold in many sizes.

At night I stay cool with a 10" D-battery powered O2-Cool Fan, but I may soon have to start using ice with it in order to lower temp. Lets see how good this will work and wish me luck. I have kept the van very simple inside and don't need much yet feel like I have the best of both worlds. Of course I will someday soon try to live out west for some real nature, BLM ANYONE !

But for right now I will have to stay put in the land of HELL HEAT called Florida. No high elevations here, so I head inside places for free air conditioning.

I hope you can also use Nursing Homes for your night stays. To Security I'm just seeing a relative, they have 24-HOUR VISITOR PARKING - hope this helps out any fellow vandweller that is doing city camping.

Welcome Invader Zim, Love the screen name. Good call on the Nursing Homes. There're a lot of less than obvious places for awesome long stay parking. My problem is that I'm gonna be in a very unique slightly large vehicle. I hope I can find a tiny plot of land to buy more central to where I provide my business services. Thanks for sharing. I hope you've enjoyed all the experiences thus far in your travels and on this forum.

this person hasn't been on the forum for 5 years. so I doubt they are going to see your post. highdesertranger

what HDR said, resurrecting the dead, I see it more as they don't wanna stay after they came for whatever personal reason :)

Latest posts