If you can dream it, and believe it, you will see it

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Qxxx said:
Wow, green chili cheeseburger. Top of the list. My kind of cafe (except for the swastikas, lol). You can see why I still remembered it after roughly 20 years.
As a New Mexican I can tell you those are not swastikas they are a native american symbol that predates the German swastikas by many many years. We have them on several historic buildings in Farmington. Thanks Jeff

What do they call NM, the Land of Dreams or something?

Also, somewhere in the desert a few miles to the east of TorC is the Spaceport used for commercial test launches.

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Intending to head to Little Sahara Dunes weekend adventure 18th thru 20th. Heading up early 17th morning.[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]My brother in law's skoolie/trailer is about 60ft, lol. He's a die hard VW gearhead so carrying a sand rail, fiberglass body buggy, 4 wheelers and mini bikes.[/font]
[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]I am not sure if I will make past Sat morning but I wouldn't miss an opportunity to have some good family time with niece, nephew, great nephew. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]Supposed to be an ungodly number of people and noise around the clock.  :-/[/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]But, I go North from there whenever I need to, in law's know how I roll. [/font]

[font=Roboto, HelveticaNeue, Arial, sans-serif]https://www.travelok.com/state-parks/4581[/font][/SIZE]

MaTaLa said:
I got my compass mounted and I think it's a bit of overkill, I didn't want to return it, but it looks awesome. ?
Just got to wire the night light

The compass I bought at Walmart fell off after a few days. My dad always had a compass in his Econoline in the 70's and I thought it was so cool. I need one your size, since my eyesight isn't great.

I’m very happy for you that you found your joy and are living your dream and seeing so much beauty but your first post inspired me to post something under the off-topic section.

Carla618 said:
 The compass I bought at Walmart fell off after a few days. My dad always had a compass in his Econoline in the 70's and I thought it was so cool. I need one your size, since my eyesight isn't great.
Mine fell off after some rough road riding but I reattached it with 3M VHB and one short sheet metal screw into the dash. I also drilled another small hole to run 12V line for the night light. Night light is very non intrusive. Overall I love the compass and find myself referring to it a lot. I did find myself slightly bumping it occasionally shifting but I've just about got the 'muscle memory' right where I rarely do any more.

LERCA said:
I’m very happy for you that you found your joy and are living your dream and seeing so much beauty but your first  post inspired me to post something under the off-topic section.
I'll have to go see :)