I was shocked by "Kratom" and how good it worked

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have used the Keaton that bleep has for about four years. It is of excellent quality and works very well for my chronic back pain and my wife uses it successfully for her fibromyalgia and arthritis. We both enjoy the added benefit of it improving our moods! The only negative effect is occasional constipation. By the way we are both 66 years old.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

If the poster says it works for them I am not going to disbelieve it. But at the same time I might not jump right into trying it. I always do some research first and fortunately I do know how to read and understand scientific reports on studies as it was part of my university education. Which means I delve down deeper than the "hype" sites.

"I am more than happy to supply anyone in need with the pure powdered leaf. I import dictectly from Indonesia and charge dramatically Ed’s than gas stations and head shops whom are likely to have impure, or cut Kratom. Companies have been known to add grass clippings as they don’t show as adulterants in lab tests.
I have never met anyone that Kratom did not work for.
Feel free to PM me or email me at [email protected]."

I'm disappointed that I haven't received a reply to my PM or email.

The need for research re: anything we put into our bodies is needed if we're diligent about our health, including what Dr.'s and big pharma offer. I trust no healthcare profession blindly and it's quite the opposite. I listen to what they suggest and grill them about, after research.

Our society has been 'groomed' by very intelligent people to dismiss as ineffective and/or dangerous any remedy that can't generate big $$ for a corporation.

I have little to no experience w/ kratom but I will soon, too many years of living like I was 10 ft tall and bulletproof has taken its toll and the snap, crackle, pops are growing in intensity every day.

bigskybob said:
I still say anything that's too strong for Superman is not for me.

That's kryptonite BigSky, they're talking about kratom here....*ba dum tss*

I'm pleased to report that bLEEp did respond in a PM several days ago. I will buy from him when it's available. I'll be glad when my stiff, arthritic neck quits hurting.

Good for you Zephyr, I use bleeps strains of Kratom with great success. Hopefully you will enjoy the same great results as my wife and I do!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's like anything in life, you have to use common sense & you have to research it which you don't need a college degree for. I'll take common sense over a framed paper any day. I ran a lumber company & had many college kids in the summer, better not say anymore

I agree Gr8ful, used to interview and hire and always said give me an intelligent street smart person with common sense and no degree over a person who had the degree but no smarts or common sense any day!

so, i went to the store and bought some of this Kratom, red Bali. I am being very conservative and took 1 pill. i do feel a bit more energetic this afternoon. i also bought some pet *** and took a couple dropperfuls. i dont feel much pain relief yet, a couple hours later. i will keep trying as i didnt know i was to put it under the tongue. God i hope this helps my back pain, as i have had to take long sabbaticals from my work for this pain and i will run out of money if i cant work.
I thank you so much for this info, JD. you may have saved me from homelessness.

How many mg are the pills.

I would probably try 2. My wife and I both take it by teaspoons and she usually takes 2 followed by another about 45 min later. Helps her fibromyalgia and arthritis better than the pain pills her dr. Prescribed for her. The powder takes som getting used to but we think it works much better. You definitely don’t take it for the flavor[emoji3]

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

You are going to find the right amount...and it will be VERY obvious when you hit it.

For me, the white stuff works better than the red for pain control.
Not night and day, but a little different.
You are doing it exactly like you should. A little at a time till you find the right amount.
I would not mix the *** with it at first. Make sure you know what is doing what.

As you increase the dose, remember it can/will bind the bowels. Plan accordingly.
Awaiting further results.

There was someone here who sent me a message with an address in it. Forgot who it was.
I dumped my PM's and lost the info after my inbox filling the allotted memory limit.
You were not forgotten, but trying to reply to more than one PM in 498 seconds SMH??? (grrrrr) makes it easy to lose ones place... :(
Please resend it.

I agree, I like the green and white best and alternate the two about every month. The red makes me more tired.

Another type of research.

The sellers and advocates of this plant go to Thailand, Malaysia and New Guinea to areas where it has been used for hundreds or thousands of years.
Organize an interpreter and to stay in villages. Talk to the village elders.
The village elders will know the uses and effects and can speak of the known medicinal benefits. (Known to them).
They would also know of side effects and what to be careful about.
Encourage them to talk and then shut up and listen. Record everything they say.
Old school knowledge in these places is disappearing year by year.

(This is uncomfortable for me here...I usually engage in subterfuge on these forums when it comes to personal identifiable traits, but feel like in this case, JD needs to open up for a minute. I feel like I owe it to some of you to share my experience.)

A long time ago, I lost more than an inch in height from a lower spine compression injury. (I highly recommend against it.)
This has meant constant nagging chronic pain...and those lovely blue pills that are currently rumored to be the devil. Lots of those.

As the feds waged war on physicians and they refused more and more to prescribe opiates, folks in my circle began to seek alternates. That is how I heard about Kratom (it is supposed to be pronounced "Kra-Tom" BTW, not "KRAY-tum") years ago and paid little attention. Sadly, the "head shop herbals" often are worse for the body than the real thing they are supposed to replace. (Synthetic weed, anyone? Bath salts? Ringing a bell??)

Only...Asians have been chewing the leaves forever.
It is not some chemical...its nothing but a natural...related to the coffee plant.
(See NETFLIX: "A Leaf Of Faith" for much more info.)

Several of the veterans in the chronic pain/disability group I have been involved with for years tried Kratom and had great luck.
After a specific guy I truly respect said the same, I decided to give it a whirl. This was a while back.

It was truly amazing.

I was on more oxy than most terminal bone cancer patients (420MG a day...along with 40MG of Methadone. That would kill the average person without a huge tolerance BTW. (The typical 'percocet' contains 3.5MG of the same opiate. Do the math...) (No, I was not a junkie. I love herb, but never cared much for booze or opiates. After 27+ years with my injury, the levels increased to get the same analgesic effect. This happens to everyone who has nagging nerve damage/pain after enough time.)
(...NO, you cannot buy my pills. YES, I know they bring up to $50 each for 30's on the street. Don't care...don't bother asking. Also, just a little note to stalker types...if you get through the Rotties, plan on drinking stop leak before trying to infiltrate my space. It might increase your odds of survivability. In VA, we shoot trespassers and jury results speak for themselves. Okay, back to Kratom now...)

I did a little research on who sells Kratom and how they do quality control. (If you decide to use it, I strongly suggest being smart about this, as the cheapest stuff can contain fillers and foreign material.)

I ordered it and I tried it.

In powder form, the stuff tastes like you are eating lawn clippings. How the Asian folk chew the stuff...??? YUCH!
(I am fat...but not a cow. Humans are not meant to eat grass. Why couldn't mother nature have made it taste like BACON???)
Of course...anyone ever taste a pain pill? Acetaminophen? *GAG*
For this reason, after that first order, I went to the capsules.
I noticed something. Where I would normally get "the jones" after 4 hours without more oxy, I went 12 hours without any of it my first day using the Kratom. I also noticed my feet and spine did not hurt...like...at ALL.

(12 hour gap in dosage has not been possible for more than 15 years in my case. The Fentanyl patches make my already "loving and gentle" SARCASM personality about three times more confrontational and cranky...;) so I was forced to eat my little blue M+M's. Always had them in my pocket. It made RV life impossible without regular (90 days) trips back East to get script refills. Every time we would get comfy, we had to leave, drive home and deal with doc visits...grrrrrrrrr...)

Then it was 16 hours...then I began to keep track of how much I was reducing opiate intake.
The stuff tasted AWFUL, but it really worked!!!

Some of you may have noticed an absence from my uplifting and gentle, loving, warm and fuzzy posts on this forum.
Reason=I detoxed myself. Pretty much against MD's suggestion.
I went from 420/40 to a current 45/10 dose of Oxy/Methadone. (...and continuing to reduce. I plan on ZERO opiate within a month. That methadone crap is very tough to reduce. Worse than heroin I am told.)

Blood work indicates my "check liver light" is now off for the first time in 20 years.
I have dropped 60 pounds (and continuing to lose with a modified "****" eating program.)
I have energy and my metabolism has increased.
More than that, the pain is actually controlled better than with all that opiate crap in my system. The only side-effect is the "espresso zing" that comes along with the pain control. (Coffee people...you will want decaf if taking this stuff. At least I do.)

I thought for sure, the Kratom would become ineffective like the Oxy did over time.
NOPE.

Three capsules with morning decaf and then as needed during the day takes care of it. Truly ASTOUNDING, compared to the traditional pharma-for-profit method. F&^% the doctors. Lemmings, controlled by the feds. Period.
Had I gone to one of the Chinese chemists 20 years ago, I would have saved myself a ton of agony and money.

There are a few things to mention. Nothing is perfect and neither is this.
For those with weak hearts, make sure your doc approves. Three capsules of the "White" Kratom strain (best I found for pain control) is like a shot of espresso or two. You'll WILL notice a change.
While it does not make you "high" (if anything, in INCREASES clear though) folks around you will see a smile and increased energy. Those who nod off behind the wheel...you won't anymore.
You cannot take it before bed (unless you are one of those people who sips coffee all night)

To the old farts ingesting the daily acetaminophen poison...
It will make your body feel younger. Your hair will grow faster, your body oils return, alligator skin scenarios will vanish and not taking a shower for 4 days will no longer be an option. (Men...there are other, rather nice side effects after a few weeks of use. This may be strictly due to the long walks you are now going on and the jobs you are getting done that previously would remain on the "Honey-Do" list...not sure. See if I am not right. (My 78 year old friend, who never touched a pain pill called me and actually started to weep as he told me his PanHead left the garage for the first time in 10 years. He laughed when the cop ticketed him for expired tags...he takes it every morning now...and re-registered his Harley.)

You can watch the film for deeper explanation, but its magic has to do with how it floods the same areas of the brain as opiates...but without the opiates. For some reason, it remains effective over time on pain because of this.

Use a LITTLE, not a lot.

A bunch of junkies who try to get a "high" from the stuff use big doses.
I strongly advise against it. A couple of the SCI "super chair" vets (the ones who lost use of their legs, but look like Ronnie Coleman in the upper body) went there with it. Constipation, tummy upset and chronic belching grass-gas was the result.

ONE capsule to start with. Watch that arthritic neck pain vanish.
I needed three at a time, but the load of opiate coursing through my body at the time may have had a lot to do with it.
The older folks who use it that I know all have similar findings. A natural, safe and relatively cheap pain reliever that has quite the opposite effect of most, in that it energizes instead of putting you to sleep and making you stupid.

Anyone reading this addicted to street $hit, you NEED to try this.
Four bag a day heroin spikers with collapsed veins have detoxed (while working 40 hours a week) in 30 days using this.
It virtually erases 75% of the withdrawal symptoms.

You are going to see and hear the naysayers referencing the "Kratom suicides." LOL, look into that a little. I want to dig into everything and this was no exception. The mother of the best known bridge jumper was on MANY psych meds...all at once...and had OCD symptoms. He also was trying to take enough to mimic the effects of heroin...which cannot be done.

You will also hear docs whine about its unproven efficacy and all the other typical lobbyist propaganda.

Here is JD, who just opened a highly personal part of his life like a side of beef to you, saying it works and works very well.
Anything can be abused. Even honey and peanut butter.
Compared to the risks of high-dose opiates, this stuff is SUPER safe.
Check out Tylenol and what it does to your liver when used long term. >shiver<

US medicine is wonderful...if you make 150K a year or more and can afford it.
Otherwise, it sucks. Yet the docs (and the patients) continue to follow the same patterns over and over.
It is unlikely your doc will approve. They will likely suggest Tylenol and Ibuprofen/percocet instead.
Kratom, in abusive amounts, will constipate you. Blood work in all liver function/kidneys/HDL's/cancer crap...IMPROVED for me.
My own doc is tickled and said, "You should not change a thing."
(Guess who started using Kratom, BTW. ...but still will not suggest it for patients...:( )
Until they can make a pill and scam people for 10 dollars a pop or more, they will never admit how it works.

Remember:
Online orders need to be carefully vetted.
The movie will identify an online outfit that properly checks the product.
Hope this helps at least one of you.
It has been the most uncomfortable thing I have ever typed here. So be it.
Time for chicken coop work. :) It is 66 degrees here today in the Blue Ridge mountains of Virginia. :)
I have arthritis, osteoporosis a little scoliosis, the worst of all, sciatica! Doctors will not give me pain meds. They keep repeating surgeon! I kept waiting for the link to purchase it. But you didn't. It would be so wonderful if I could walk to the mailbox, or could walk Walmart to get groceries, best of all, work in my yard without having to crawl up the steps! (Which I fell down the other day!) Thank you,
I think :)