I want one!!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It looks really cool. But the name "Beast mode" is a little cornball.
I was actually just looking at the Quiggley site this AM. Apparently starting last year they are now doing 4x4 conversions on used vehicles too. Contingent on condition of vehicle. But that still tops out at "only" $15k.
Had me thinking what I can sell that I am not using.

One thing that bugs me about a lot of these pro conversions is that they don't seem to take weight into account. Or maybe it's some kind of macho 'look how heavy we made it!"
I'm doing everything I can with my build to conserve weight. Both for handling and gas mileage. I'm not using a ton of wood or installing frivolous appliances like microwaves. I mean really, driving a 4x4 camper van to the middle of nowhere to nuke a bag of popcorn? Where is the adventure in that!
I always prefer to cook over wood when I can. Propane 2nd. And just eating raw when neither are available. Really got to wonder why the induction cooktop as well. Are propane installs hard to get certified in 'Bama?
I do really dig that color scheme and graphics though. Retro cool.
And the cordura soft storage things look neat. I want those!
Also the built in air compressor is a good feature. I'd use it for tools too, not just tires.
I am REALLY curious about those rear bulges. Looks like it adds several inches on each side.
There is a conversion I've seen around here in Red Hook Brooklyn that has a similar but much more extreme side expansion. Is there a company that sells these or does these?
My bed just fits right now, but it would be swell to have a little room for more insulation and a bookshelf (or computer monitor?).

It looks a little clown with those small diameter wheels and tires.

RoamerRV428 said:
what do you have? :)

Currently don't have, saving up for a vehicle (it will be a few months).  Just happened to see the article and thought it looked cool with the 4wd and the ground clearance.
  Again, will never be able to afford one but it looks cool to me.

I subscribe to the pizza and beer theory. There is nowhere that I want to go that I can't in my unit and it leaves me somewhere around $197,000 for pizza and beer. I can sleep comfortably, I can cook now.

Calaverasgrande said:
I am REALLY curious about those rear bulges. Looks like it adds several inches on each side.
There is a conversion I've seen around here in Red Hook Brooklyn that has a similar but much more extreme side expansion. Is there a company that sells these or does these?
My bed just fits right now, but it would be swell to have a little room for more insulation and a bookshelf (or computer monitor?).

I haven't seriously researched it but I came across this company in Evergreen, CO (a bit west of Denver) that does those things - they call them flares: https://flarespace.com/ Theirs don't look extreme. IIRC I learned about them from seeing a vehicle with their flares that wasn't one of the makes/models they list on their "shop by vehicle" page. I'm not sure if those are exactly the same as the bulges on that fancy van linked to by OP but these seem similar.

Sometimes I stumble across a Sprinter camper van on Craigslist priced in the 6 figures. Nice for someone, but not for me.

Wow thats a lot to spend for a couple inches of space!
The one I'd seen was about 4 more inches than that. Looked very professionally done.
I didn't see the other side where the sliding door would be . Maybe they had a non sliding door?