I miss SternWake here

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

John61CT

Reaction score
He didn't post as much, but was **so** diligent about going into details, really amazing lengths of effort to educate noobies in electrickery from the ground up.

I sure learned a lot from him, way more generous with his time than I ever could be.

Unfortunately the management of the forum where I believe he posts now, has IMO corrupt and insufferable management, and

he has cut back by like 95% the time he spends, understandably of course as a completely unpaid volunteer.

Posters like that are a tremendous resource for a forum, owners do not seem to appreciate just how valuable, generating the free content that attracts all the other members.

Especially for those running them as a business enterprise and probably making a fair income.

sure we recognize how important the knowledge is. however it must be presented in a way that conforms to the rules of the forum and is presented in a way that people that have no clue can understand it. if total newbies can't understand what is being posted what good is it? who is it being posted for? we are not a technical trade paper.

I too miss SternWake. wish he would come back.

highdesertranger

I have always been impressed by the level of techie savvy we have here. And I consider it fortunate that many of our techie-types also hang around over in the Reddit Vandwellers forum, where they always give good advice.

I really am thankful to all who post here and am amazed at the amount of information that can be had. There are so many indivualized rigs, problems and lack of understanding the knowledge required by the posters trying to solve their problems. Patience is probably the hardest part in explaining your idea of a solution not only to the original poster but to the others involved in trying to solve the problems. Like the current thing with abbrevations we need to keep things as simlpe as possible and avoid petrty aurgments over insisting the "one" best way. Opinion basied on experience and documented fact should be welcomed and considered but everyone's should be allowed for the original poster to choose. One thing I wish we had more of is follow up on how things worked for them. It would really help future posters and the "bump" would help prevent answering the same question over so many times. I miss SternWake and I wish we had a way for moderators to evaluate replys that are disputed of being incorrect and delete the ones that are not, but untill we do we must treat each other as friends that just dissagree.

John61CT said:
Unfortunately the management of the forum where I believe he posts now, has IMO corrupt and insufferable management, and

he has cut back by like 95% the time he spends, understandably of course as a completely unpaid volunteer.

Posters like that are a tremendous resource for a forum, owners do not seem to appreciate just how valuable, generating the free content that attracts all the other

Yes, Sternwake is an amazing asset. It’s funny that you miss him so because one of the big reasons he left this forum was because of you.

His tolerance level was short because you post incorrect information so many times to newbies that need help. He thought that allowing you to go on and on posting bad information was a big problem so he left. Was it you he told to STFU?

Furthermore the forum where he posts now being corrupt is ridiculous or perhaps you just don’t know the definition of the word. To help you here it is:

cor·rupt
/kəˈrəpt/Submit
adjective

having or showing a willingness to act dishonestly in return for money or personal gain.

That forum you mention, that you have also been kicked out of twice, the second time recently by trying to sneak in under a different handle, is not for profit. The few times any money that has been raised voluntarily there goes to members in need.

The owner of that forum, Gary, appreciates Sternwake’s information and incredible posts so much he has been given his own subforum to post what he wants.

It’s really incredible the tolerance level that HDR and Cyndi show here because you are still here. I can’t imagine all the complaints they have received about you.

There is only one rule to follow on that forum and it’s, “Don’t be an asshole”. Wonder why you have been kicked off not once, but twice?

Since you were the one that posted and called the corruption and insufferable management, I find that I must clear the air by telling the truth.

The “management” you speak of? Of course you know I’m part of that.

No I did not remember / recognize your name, nor those details.

Sorry but my perception / memory differs, will not escalate now correcting your statements.

Water off a duck's back, then under the bridge, long ago.

Take it easy

I'm closing this thread. It adds nothing of value to the forum

Status
Not open for further replies.