I just got a cookbook for mug meals.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanbrat

Reaction score
I am sitting here thinking about the next trip out. And this week end I got a cookbook for microwave mug meals. I have a little microwave that can run with my Jackery. And I have things I like and even a few Hubby likes. But these tiny 1 person things look great. He can have his as bland as he likes, and I can spice mine up as much as I like.
He likes his scrambled eggs with only salt and pepper, I like mine with chopped sweet peppers and sausage and cheese and herbs and whatever is left that fits, we have a small bowl to cook eggs in and when eggs are zapped they go in sandwiches.
But this book is giving recipes for quiche type stuff and rice and veggy stuff and even pasta.
I think this may make our meals a bit more personal and yummier for both of us.
There are recipes for muffins and tiny cakes. Even a single chocolate chip cookie type muffin thing.
I like the one for veggy soup. I don't like peas in mine, and he does in his so now we will both be happy.
There are a few for dips and one for brownies. Ya I don't think ONLY one mug will do it there for me.
Anyway, what would you like to see in a mug? Now that I see the possibilities I am going to experiment.

We may be eating from the microwave for a few days if this storm is as bad as we are being warned about. My fingers are crossed so it's not. If I gotta be home, I want POWER.

Ooh I want that. Can you post the title?

@Morgana , I just Googled "cookbook for mug meals" and there are several of them.
Hard to know which one will suit a person's likes and dislikes and diet restrictions if any, though.
Maybe a library might have one or a bookstore, then you can look at the recipes before buying it.

Meals in a mug. Sorry so long to get back, power went down for a few days...
There are lots of recipes on Pinterest and such. With the power out we had to eat all our meals microwaved and I learned how to cook Mac and Cheese and a few new casseroles in mugs. Kinda interesting that I checked out a book just a day or so before the power went out. We had to cook like when we travel except, we could not do dishes or use to much water.