I have stopped opening profiles

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be afraid to see Adrian's profile.:D:p:rolleyes:

KAtie, I got an email from that same person. Reset my preferences to hide my email :-/

That person was banned. On the old forum, the emails werent listed, just "emailtwokniveskatie" and if you didnt answer they didnt know it. Everyone should be checking their profiles and tweaking them to their comfort level. We will be adjusting out spam filters.

twokniveskatie said:
Well, I just got a PM from someone who "just read my profile" and wants to have "an important talk" and "share pictures".....usually it is Mutt that gets those kinda messages on his facebook page.

So....coincidence? Casey or Adrian up to mischief? Or am I finally about to recieve a perk from running this joint?

I got the same message. I hurriedly moved to mark my email as 'hidden' but a bit too late. Thought it was already hidden. :s

No, no, no. Don't know about anyone else though. :)

I rarely to never PM anyone, other than to reply back to someone if a person PMs me first.

Sounds like we have a stalker. Oh well, its only words, thank goodness. Its a shame that some jerk has to be so small as to hide behind a keyboard tho.
We never worry about emails since I found the delete button.
With a PM system emails aren't needed anyway.

Hmmm. I have been checking member profiles and nowhere do i see anyones email listed. I see where there is an option to email someone through the system, but my test shows that it doesnt reveal the actual email to them. UNLESS YOU REPLY TO THE EMAIL. So dont answer any emails from crvl you dont recognize, and we will improve the spam filters to prevent problems. you also have the option to hide the ability to be emailed, apparently.

This is the email [not PM] I got. I did not reply.

mockturtle,

basseygirl from VanDweller Community Forums has sent you the following message:
------------------------------------------
Hi my name is pascalina,i am a single girl, i like your profile i in this http://www.cheaprvliving.com,please contact me through my private email [email protected] for me to tell you more about myself including my pictures. I have something very important to discuss with you. Sincerely yours Pascalina pascalinakarim/ yahoo/ com

caseyc said:
I don't know about anyone else, but I'd be afraid to see Adrian's profile.:D:p:rolleyes:

Caseyc,

[deleted message, because CaseyC took care of it] Thank you!!

twokniveskatie said:
Dragonfly :) tomorrow it might be head pirate. You can change yours too!
Woot! A new toy :D
Just for you, Adrian, I moved my profile stuff (location, interests) from the old site to this one.

That sort of email is a common scam that leads to requests for money, to cash "special" checks, and other nasty stuff.
I have received several as a result of my eBay sales and other online sales. Like your email, they are most often overly friendly and refer to your profile on XXXXXdotcom. Quite often the language is rather broken and inconsistent.

There are huge rooms around the world full of people online working scams for some bossman. All they do is fish the web.

So.etimes theybare bad people. But I helped a nigerian prince once save his family fortune. I am gonna be rich. He is sending the money soon.

Thanks for the chuckle, Kate. It improved the day.

Just don't forget the 'special chemical' to clean the money, Katie. They had to turn the money black and hide it in trunk boxes to sneak it out of Nigeria, ya know!

I didnt know about the chemical :-/

Bcguy, it has chemicals. You can have it. That oughta make ya chuckle :)

EEEK. An environmental hazard. Quick, bury it in the desert.:)

I always feel like the least info the better, But I updated my profile with the basics

And I too found a new toy in the status line. I am now a Techno Junkie

Not me,,, some hot chick troliing for an older guy with some money, HaHa. I got the same email. I just zap them into the trash you know "kick 'em to the curb"

twokniveskatie said:
Hmmm. I have been checking member profiles and nowhere do i see anyones email listed. I see where there is an option to email someone through the system, but my test shows that it doesnt reveal the actual email to them. UNLESS YOU REPLY TO THE EMAIL. So dont answer any emails from crvl you dont recognize, and we will improve the spam filters to prevent problems. you also have the option to hide the ability to be emailed, apparently.

Email addresses only show to other registered members. From there the member needs to decide if they want other members to be able to see their email address. That was as tight as I was able to make it. :-/