I camped in the litter box.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTJohn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
image.jpg

I've never felt the need or desire to posses domesticated animals so my 'pets' have always been any wildlife near me and the glimpses of their lives & activity they inadvertently share with me - tho I'm not sure this bobcat's activity is 'inadvertent'. haha 

When I camped my trailer in the LTVA first part of December I soon noticed that there's a bobcat that frequents where I've parked. I see its fresh tracks all the time and even one time I noticed one morning where it went under my parked truck and had done the 'Cat Roll'. I've seen it once.......  

Evidently I've also set up camp in its 'litter box' as several times a week about 50 to 100 feet behind my trailer in the morning when I take a 'coffee walk' I notice a new place in the sand (see pik above). haha 

INTJohn

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    185.4 KB · Views: 26
TrainChaser said:
He's marking his territory.  HIS territory.

Haha; was my initial thought too but in typical fashion I had to research it to death and the bobcat research data is very conclusive that the subordinate bobcats that live within a dominate male bobcat's area are generally the ones who bury......... in bobcat lingo; bury ones do-do evidently is a sign of respect to another more dominate kritter.

This generally means female as a younger male bobcat wouldn't dare being within another males territory........ The male cat has an area that generally will encompass that of several (3 to as many as 5) or so females. These females have their own territory within this dominate male's. So according to the research then it is most likely a female and she is as any wildpussy should either showing respect to another big cat or else to ME!! hahaha

As I See It................INTJohn

Now I gotta know, is it a he or a she!! Catch that cat and check INTJohn!

Interesting. There is/was a bobcat in the desert near the RV park. I was out walking three days ago and saw a similar large scratch pile. I hadn't noticed this activity before. I wondered how it came to be.

Explains the large claw marks at the little holes that I also saw.

Sooooo did you win the marking contest? ;)