I’ve Chosen My Power Station

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know the lithium’s can go pretty low but the regular batteries?

Regular batteries you don’t want to run beneath 50%. Differs slightly from 50% based on the type of battery, lead acid, gel, etc. I don’t know the exact numbers for each type other than lithium.

That’s why I like lithium. As long as you don’t completely kill them you’ll be fine. If you’re more strict with lithium usage, say you don’t run them under 50%, and keep the max charge at 80-90%, you really increase the life span of lithium.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Got my solar system a few hours ago. The Bluetti AC50S in sitting on the passenger floor well. I’ve been charging the battery for the past three hours from 40% and almost at 100%. Charged for an hour so via my 12 volt while I’ll was driving around Lake Havasu and back to Craggy Wash. Been charging via Solar panels for the past couple hours.

The solar panels are super strong and high quality. Slightly flexible. When folded up in a suitcase there is no give and it’s super rigid. Extremely happy and excited to start testing the solar system.

6ea04d7c667c42279b087b95f02e7e20.jpg

I've been trying to post my regular dinner post but no luck... :(

Did you get a small CC in the 20a range too? If not, you might want to consider it because it gives you more flexibility even though you don't need it to charge your power pack. The one I got has direct DC plug in outputs as well as screw terminals for DC power for things like lights as well as more USB connectors. Handy thing to have in addition to.

Very low cost and although I haven't used it yet, it seems to be very well made and thought out. Backlit too.

https://www.amazon.com/GHB-Controll...ix=20amp+solar,aps,262&sr=8-5#customerReviews

Cheers!

JDub said:
Did you get a small CC in the 20a range too? If not, you might want to consider it because it gives you more flexibility even though you don't need it to charge your power pack. The one I got has direct DC plug in outputs as well as screw terminals for DC power for things like lights as well as more USB connectors. Handy thing to have in addition to.

Very low cost and although I haven't used it yet, it seems to be very well made and thought out. Backlit too.

https://www.amazon.com/GHB-Controll...ix=20amp+solar,aps,262&sr=8-5#customerReviews

Cheers!

This has a built in charge controller.

mdoverl said:
This has a built in charge controller.

Right, I was referring to being able to use your panels separately from the power pack. I've been testing out my flex panels and they do a good job charging my power modules direct (they've got CC's built in too), but I can see times that I'd want to use the panels for other things while the power packs are in use already (running my refer for example).

Cheers!

JDub said:
Right, I was referring to being able to use your panels separately from the power pack. I've been testing out my flex panels and they do a good job charging my power modules direct (they've got CC's built in too), but I can see times that I'd want to use the panels for other things while the power packs are in use already (running my refer for example).

Cheers!

Got it, that makes more sense.

I’m just starting out with solar, so I’ll keep that in mind when I expand my setup.