I’m bad with cars advice on this?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

adrianalindgren

Reaction score
I had lowish tire pressure so I went to an air station. I put in the PSI that I wanted and it actually deflated my tire to 0 instead of filling it. A guy informed me of another station in the same parking lot that works but idk if it’s safe to drive to it when my pressure is 0? I don’t want to mess up anything on the car.

Don’t drive it as the rim will most likely cut the tire and ruin it. Put on the spare, borrow an air tank or buy a small 12 volt or portable battery powered air pump as you will probably find them useful in the future. You could just use a hand pump if you are healthy to get enough air pressure in the tire to make it round again and slowly drive straight if you can get to the nearby pump by driving straight ahead but it is risky.

^^^ Agreed. There are many different types of pumps. Some are foot operated and some are the ones you hold with your feet and pump with your hands. I don't care much for the plug into the cigarette lighter types as they don't have much of a life span.

When your tire is flat, as in this case you don't want to move the car. You may pull the tire
lose from the rim and it would have to be removed from the car to be serviced.

For those who aren't with experience & tools for working on their car it may be wise to
have a membership to AAA so you can call for service which should be free as part of your annual membership fee. .

Foot Pump

Tire Pump

^^^ Agreed. There are many different types of pumps. Some are foot operated and some are the ones you hold with your feet and pump with your hands. I don't care much for the plug into the cigarette lighter types as they don't have much of a life span.
Cheap ones of any type don't have much of a lifespan... If you air down for sand or washboard, you are going to want a good electric pump!... actually I carry two.

The AAA thing (actually there are many options, search "best roadside assistance plan") probably would make a lot of sense. If you have a vehicle that isn't very reliable I think you'd get your money's worth. They usually won't help if you are offroad, though.