I’d appreciate help finding campers!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ModernMoonbean

Reaction score
;) Hi
I am not feeling to savvy on seeing where others post opportunities to meet other campers.  I don’t necessarily want To camp right by others, but I would like to meet others and learn some ways to improve my rig and share any info I have!  :)  I hope some people are still out here at Quartzsite.  I was working in Tx and so am arriving just now on Thursday.  
Thank you for assistance seeing other posts or if someone out here has any info!  Blissings

La Posa South, just south of the Magic Circle, there are 4 or 5 of use here.

^But to camp "IN" YARC camp you need a black tank.......it's a Minivan

MoonBeam.....You're welcome to visit YARC camp.....you can day-visit for free

You can pay to stay in the LTVA ($40 for 2-weeks)......you can park near the Vault toilets

There are many other area parking options......PM sent

I would also like to meet others while I am traveling. Just having someone around, while keeping our distance, makes the over night feel a lot better. Like you are surrounded by friends instead of strangers.

A few of us are headed over to Ehrenberg sometime in the morning to Skooliepalooza. You are welcome to caravan over with us, plenty of people to meet and rigs to see. Leaving from Roadrunner 6 miles south of Quartzsite. If you PM I will send back a pin / directions

ModernMoonbean said:
;) Hi
I am not feeling to savvy on seeing where others post opportunities to meet other campers.  I don’t necessarily want To camp right by others, but I would like to meet others and learn some ways to improve my rig and share any info I have!  :)  I hope some people are still out here at Quartzsite.  I was working in Tx and so am arriving just now on Thursday.  
Thank you for assistance seeing other posts or if someone out here has any info!  Blissings

I don't have a camper at this time. I hope to have one in early 2022. I do have an SUV. I could camp in that for a short period of time. I would like to know where there would be gathering in early 2022.

Leah. AKA nekontorre

When operating, the caravans meet through this link. See the link in post 10 of the meetup thread.

https://vanlivingforum.com/showthread.php?tid=35851&pid=443994#pid443994

Also there are virtual versions of the caravan meetup to sign up for through the "meetup" app, and some people are using a "camptogether" group.

If the caravans are not operating currently, does anyone know when they will begin meeting again?
-crofter

I don't  have a camper at this time. I hope to have one in early 2022. I do have an SUV. I could camp in that for a short period of time. I would like to know where there would be gathering in early 2022.

Leah. AKA nekontorre
I have not heard anything about RTR 2022 yet. Usually occurs in January near Quartzsite AZ, with a women's event and a whole group event.

We seem to still be in the pandemic though...so that could put a damper on plans.
-crofter

I don't  have a camper at this time. I hope to have one in early 2022. I do have an SUV. I could camp in that for a short period of time. I would like to know where there would be gathering in early 2022.

Leah. AKA nekontorre

No word on a formal RTR/WRTR yet. But frankly, I'm kinda doubting it will happen.

But you certainly don't need a formal RTR/WRTR to have a gathering! In early 2022, there will be thousands of people camping in Quartzsite. A week or so before you plan to leave, just post a note here, and ask where people are. Then come on down.

If you do FaceBook, there are two groups you might be interested in - WeCampTogether, associated with HOWA, and RoadTripHer, for women. There are in fact dozens of FB RV camping groups, these are just the two I follow.