Huge insurance rate increase with Geico in MN

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
State Farm has been good for me...

Yikes, that's even worse. Glad you found better coverage. Did they give you a run-around about the reason, or did you already know it wasn't worth asking?
I didn't bother asking. After that much of an increase it was obvious they didn't want my business.

A friend once said to me:. "Never trust a lizard for your insurance." Seemed reasonable.

Can't be a story. I've seen the caveman and the gecko both talking on TV and the Internet. The Internet doesn't lie. /s

Some people don't realize that if you have a claim against the insurance (accident or vehicle damage), the cost of the insurance goes up. Or, many claims in one state can raise the rates.

[attachment removed -tx2]
i didnt mean to imply that you are making a story but Geico. (i work for Fortune 500 company and they are always giving misinformation particularly about billing!)
we have been with them for 26 years and its amazing how little they have gone up since my DW has had so many accidents. i tried to compare with Farm Bureau and
Esurance last year and they couldnt match Geico esp w/o giving less coverage. i'll let you know if i get the above mentioned increase of course right after i contact Geico!
Good luck!

Last edited by a moderator: