How to select dentist in Algodones?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pleasant Travels

Reaction score
Soon as my disability money arives in the next couple of months, I plan on going to Algodones (or maybe Nogales) to get some much needed dental work done. I understand that part of why services across the border are so inexpensive is that there are no malpractice lawsuits in Mexican jurisprudence. If American doctors didn't need to pay so much out the nose for malpractice insurance,...they'd be affordable too. 

Anyway,...the free market forces are still at play south of the border. Reputation is everything. But how do I go about learning the (accurate and actual) reputations of Mexican dentists? Is there any sort of forum I could be directed to? Perhaps there is a place where American patients discuss their experiences? I want to make sure I go a reputable office down there,...not just blindly walk into the nearest or nicest looking front office. If you have personal experience with this, please share.

Pleasant Travels said:
Might look up a couple of articles by folks who have, are respected, and well traveled.

Google: Mobile Kodgers Found a hero dentist in Algondones Mexico

Google: WheelingIt: Getting dental work in mexico our algodones experience

(And scroll down for more Comments posted by users as well)