how to anchor things to the floor of a cargo trailer

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dean and Buster

Reaction score
i need to know how to anchor things to the floor of my new cargo trailer so things don't move i do have some wood cabinets i am thinking about anchering to the floor with screws not sure if this is a good way to do this or not .

If flextbility is needed, L-track and tie-downs.

AKA airline track, can go anywhere, looks good, nice snug fit.

E-track is just for walls, doesn't look as nice and rattles more.

Actually E-track can be used anywhere, walls, floors, ceiling.

But you are back to using bolts and/or screws to fasten it to the surface.

Yes you can, but L-track has lower profiles, even flush-mount versions designed to work well and look good in a floor for mounting airline seats, it's what is used most commonly for flexibly securing wheelchair fittings in passenger vehicles.

D&B:

You can use some L-brackets available at any hardware store, but remember there will be relative movement between the walls and floor, so if the cabinets are sturdy, you can brace them to the walls and the floor.... but if they are very lightweight material like foam or thin luan, then you should only fasten them to the floor OR the wall, not both.

tx2sturgis said:
D&B:

You can use some L-brackets available at any hardware store, but remember there will be relative movement between the walls and floor, so if the cabinets are sturdy,  you can brace them to the walls and the floor.... but if they are very lightweight material like foam or thin luan, then you should only fasten them to the floor OR the wall, not both.

I got e track I am not worried about the industrial look as long as it works to hold things in one place . e track was at the  local home depot in Kansas city Missouri and got the nylon webbing to keep things so they do not move while I am towing the trailer or micro home . thank you for all  in put on this project I want to do things safe while traveling and meeting new people and places .

Latest posts