How do you keep snow out while venting for heat?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Scout

Reaction score
I have the rain guards too and it works for rain but the snow blows up under the cracked window even with the fan off.
Do you think just opening the fan would be safe enough?  I have a wave 3 and a maxx air in a chevy express ?

I would just go to where it isn't snowing. yes I am being a smart ass. but I take it you are stuck in that location? highdesertranger

I would recommend you use a vented system. They are not that much anymore, maybe something like a NuWay if your talking about large deposits of snow blocking vents that is entirely different than just a little coming through a window. If it is just the window maybe hanging a microfiber towel above a container with magnets or velcro in front of the opening would direct the moisture and keep other surfaces from getting wet. Possibly put the towel draped over the deflector a ways and close it in the door? Make sure air flow is maintained though. It is getting to the point with unvented propane that condensation and venting for me is just to much of a hassle especially with the many new cheap vented alternatives.

There was a mention in this forum just the other day about people adding some vent openings in the floor of the vehicle. They were closing them off from inside the van items such as marine deck plates that can be screwed into position. That would give you a way to have fresh air without snow coming inside or having snow built up on the roof which could blow inside an open roof vent or even build up high enough in the night to block the roof vent opening.