How do u live on $700/month, truly?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
been thinkin but it hurts my brain
Had to stop.
I am located no where off a dirt road sitting in my underwear. No one around.
pity too because I'm a sight to behold. Just made the best pot of coffee ever. I should go into business.
People in Kansas did speak English (sort of). "Move along" was one there favorite saying. I had some dollars so I'm not a near do well (sort of). I should join the continental army.
My old Chevy pick up seems to go about 11 miles on a gallon of gasoline while pulling my camper. The faster I go the more noise it makes. I think they call that pollution. I like it!
I still write using long hand (script). Another pity that kids today can only print and rely on computers. How do they sign their names? Script writing Is a form of art AND develops the fine motor skills in the hands and fingers needed for many things through life including drawing pictures and staying within the lines when coloring in books with crayons and driving cars and being surgeons in hospitals---oh and prescriptions.
You see--I've been by myself far too long. Time for me to find me a people. Where oh where have all the people gone?
Ken

been thinkin but it hurts my brain
Had to stop.
I am located no where off a dirt road sitting in my underwear. No one around.
pity too because I'm a sight to behold. Just made the best pot of coffee ever. I should go into business.
People in Kansas did speak English (sort of). "Move along" was one there favorite saying. I had some dollars so I'm not a near do well (sort of). I should join the continental army.
My old Chevy pick up seems to go about 11 miles on a gallon of gasoline while pulling my camper. The faster I go the more noise it makes. I think they call that pollution. I like it!
I still write using long hand (script). Another pity that kids today can only print and rely on computers. How do they sign their names? Script writing Is a form of art AND develops the fine motor skills in the hands and fingers needed for many things through life including drawing pictures and staying within the lines when coloring in books with crayons and driving cars and being surgeons in hospitals---oh and prescriptions.
You see--I've been by myself far too long. Time for me to find me a people. Where oh where have all the people gone?
Ken
Hi WB8YVN,

Quartzsite LTVA is an excellent no stress place to winter. Many snow birds go there and stay the winter. You can buy the Long Term pass for $180 that covers your total cost for 7 months (Sept 15 the Apri 15). There is water, a dump station, and trash bins., So for long term stays the basics are there. And it is so big there is no problem finding a campsite. I live in SoCal and I go over 3 or 4 times over the winter. People are friendly and the place I feel is very safe.

I set up my amateur radio while there. No radio noise and plenty of room. Usually spend some time on 20M each day. Would like to meet up with you if you decide to stop down.

1700017241615.png

Last edited by a moderator:
Hi WB8YVN,

Quartzsite LTVA is an excellent no stress place to winter. Many snow birds go there and stay the winter. You can buy the Long Term pass for $180 that covers your total cost for 7 months (Sept 15 the Apri 15). There is water, a dump station, and trash bins., So for long term stays the basics are there. And it is so big there is no problem finding a campsite. I live in SoCal and I go over 3 or 4 times over the winter. People are friendly and the place I feel is very safe.

I set up my amateur radio while there. No radio noise and plenty of room. Usually spend some time on 20M each day. Would like to meet up with you if you decide to
Hi WB8YVN,

I set up my amateur radio while there. No radio noise and plenty of room. Usually spend some time on 20M each day. Would like to meet up with you if you decide to stop down.

View attachment 34550

Just throwing this out there if indeed you can survive on a very low income but even a bit more would help. It's not going to make a life changing difference but a few bucks made where you would be otherwise simply killing time isn't a bad thing,

https://surveys.gobranded.com/members

I've been doing this the last couple months. I made enough to get new tires for my trailer. It really is legit and it does work. You take a survey which generally last 10 minutes to a half hour. Pay is anywhere from a quarter to a dollar a survey.

Hit up 3 20 minute surveys for a buck and $3.00. A couple times a day, $6.00. You could pay your $180 rent in short order.