(Hopefully) Future Nomad!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AlexaMisty

Reaction score
Hello! I found out about vandwelling and the nomadic lifestyle about last year, and it's my dream to be a nomad. I have already figured out what I want my home to be (this may sound crazy, but a teardrop trailer), and living in the good ol' sticks & bricks is making me want to become a nomad more and more, day after day. Where I live, we got some huge Canadian storm, and we have below 0 temperatures and over half a foot of snow...and October isn't even over yet! I can't tell you how many times I've wanted to travel to a warmer place! 

The only real thing holding me back from being a nomad is that...well...I'm 13. Right now, I'm saving money so that when I move out, I can get my tiny home! 

I'm looking forward to learning tips and tricks and learning more about the nomadic lifestyle on this forum. Have a great day everyone!​

Well, this post made my day. I needed something like that. Sorry about your ferret, but I'm sure it lived a happy life.

Welcome AlexaMisty to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

highdesertranger

I was 10 or 11 when my Dad started teaching me his techniques of traveling in his modified camper Van.  I had been a Cub Scout and I was expecting to do Boy Scout things then and was disappointed with that experience. So Dad took me camping and fishing with him and I was sold more than Dad realized at the time.  But I could see the potential for the future with having a Van.  Later Dad gave me the old Van which had a few years of life left in it.  (read the story in my Profile)

If you could find yourself a Van to purchase and build out while still living at home. (parent or loved one drive it each week to keep it operational and in good condition)  you would have your tiny house on wheels.  By 16 when you get your drivers license you would have the potential to become a young Nomad.   

In the meanwhile check out the two links below this post.  One is to fix up a Van and the other a portal of info to use to plan trips or refer to once out there on the road. 

All the best !

Latest posts