Honey Truck Karma

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Axel

Reaction score
While driving my van west on I-78 in Pennsylvania last month there was a really bad traffic backup, then once it finally started moving it moved in spurts between 0 and 70 MPH or so. During one of those spurts a white crossover SUV passed me like I was standing still, going at least 90.

Ten minutes later the traffic stopped again, but this time it was going down to one lane. 

Around the time a cop car was arriving on scene is when I saw it:

The white SUV that passed me going way too fast had crashed into a stopped sewage truck. Yeah, one of those trucks that sucks the contents out of septic tanks and porte-potties. The fitting on the back of the truck had broken during the collision and filled the SUV and covered all of its passengers with sewage. When I passed, everyone had gotten out of the SUV and was standing there covered from head to toe with sewage and used toilet paper. Bet they had to go on antibiotics?

It's funny how that karma works... years ago I hauled mail on Saturdays, and one morning it was snowing hard when I left. There was about five inches of slush on the highway so I was going about 50 when an AMC Pacer flew past me, he had to be doing a good 70. When I got to my exit a couple of miles later, there he was, standing in the road, waving me down. HIs Pacer was high up on the snowbank between the highway and the exit. I stopped and asked if he was stuck. When he said yes , I told him, "good, that will keep you from killing someone" and drove away. Later I felt bad about leaving him standing there, but it was too late to do anything about it then.

As much as they should get tickets and stuff, I think the sewage was punishment enough.

There was a lot of reckless driving that day - was July 5; end of the holiday weekend. People in too much of a hurry to get back to their lives of "working for the man" I guess.

Karma does work sometimes...very satisfying when it does.

Years ago, I was stuck in a workday morning slowly moving traffic single lane. Some guy in back of me, driving some kind of tiny, speedy sports car decided he'd show up the rest of us clods, and took to the shoulder, revving up to a high rate of speed. But what the rest of us clods knew, and he conveniently ignored, was that the reason for the slow traffic was that there was some roadside construction going on just ahead as a major building was getting a major face-lift. Shortly, that little tiny car was bouncing around on - and off of - road surfaces removed down to bare dirt, wooden scaffolding, sawhorses, scrap bins, and even some machinery.

Made my day. (In my defense, my job was making me grumpy.)

Love the comments here. Brought a few smiles. Call it karma or just plain fate... but the bottom line is people usually got it coming. They may get by with it for a while, but it usually catches up with them. But funny thing, in their eyes it’s always someone else’s fault! So they never really learn!

Bless their little hearts :)

I am sure they are antibiotics LOL That can truly cause massive health issues....but just darn nasty for sure UGH

Was driving on a four lane highway in Northeastern Arizona. Speed limit through all three towns is 45. It was raining and flooding. Everyone was in the left lane because the right lane was a river. Traffic was moving about 15 MPH. Here comes some dolt in a Chevy Cobalt flying along making a wall of water on both sides. Then it happened. He got to the bottom of the hill, where all the water was coming back out of the over capacity storm drains from uphill and splashed into it. Bet he hydro locked his engine. Karma. Yup.

Karma is an action, work, or deed that refers to the spiritual principle of cause and effect. Good fortune and happiness is achieved through good intent, while evil deeds and malicious intent achieves the opposite.

China attempted to kill off their local sparrow population to increase rice yields, but instead, killing sparrows decreased rice yields by increasing the locust population and at least 20 million people died of starvation as a result.

The Soviet military trained dogs to perform kamikaze-style suicide bombings on the battlefield. In fear, the dogs retreated back to their trenches killing their own soldiers.

After hiding her lottery winnings ($1.3 million) from her husband, Denise Rossi was ordered to give up 100% of her jackpot to her now ex-husband. Falsifying assets.

In 1349, the Scottish army tried to take advantage of the Black Plague in England through an invasion, but caught it themselves and brought it back to Scotland, killing half of the native population.

So yea, drivers WHO KNOW they are doing a misdeed deserve all that bad juju karma they get back :) :) Bad karma can come at ya in full force or smaller accidents but darn it is out there!!

Back in the mid 80s I had an experience that could have ended like this... or much worse.

I was crossing a bridge on my way home from work, one of those steep bridges that cross a waterway with 65' clearance.

I was nearing the peak in my tin can of a 71' Datsun pickup and a truck had just crested the bridge and was headed down on my side in the other lane. We were both probably doing 50mph so approaching each other at a relative 100mph.

The truck was a portable toilet service vehicle and was carrying two port-o-lets strapped onto a platform on the rear. About a hundred feet before we passed the toilets got free and fell to the road tumbling end over end. One can stayed in its lane and the other crossed through my lane directly in front of me and slid down the rail just like a skateboarder.

After threading the needle between two 100mph portable toilets I was pretty shaken but glad that it hadn't been worse. I could see the headline in the paper..."Local Electrician Killed By Runaway Toilets"!

Guy

PS: There used to be an old septic tank pumping truck in the area that had a it's nickname nicely lettered on the front bumper... "PEARL DIVER".

Scary crap on the road at all times.....we saw a big 18 wheeler pull out just in front of us from the truck stop and then were a very short turn again onto the highway and how he cut it....omgosh he 'was teetering' on a few side tires tipping and I yelled to hubby' STOP and hubby was like he is goin' over and how that damn trailer did not tip is beyond us truly cause all signs said it was SO over it was a gonner but the guy made it...ugh....crazy stuff seen all the time from all of us! never saw that before, a whole 18wheeler tractor trailer gonna tip over cause that thing was damn near on its side...how it righted was beyond me, woulda been cool to see it truly just smash over but so happy it didn't go down of course :)

The story of the speeding SUV getting filled with sewage reminded me of a story told by a lone traveller in India.

He'd walked into an Indian village and asked some kids where the toilet was and giggling, they'd pointed to a doorway which he entered.

The door opened into a room which he stepped into... Immediately falling into the village cesspit!

He sank into the liquid sewage, swallowing some in the process, and aftet climbing out and repeatedly washing himself, his clothes and his possessions, he couldn't get the stench out!

The village kids though it was hilarious.

I'm driving down from a Mt. Rainer adventure after sunset. There is massive cloud/fog cover and I'm going maybe 15 mph because visibility is nil. Guy comes up behind and rides my ass for awhile honking now and again. I finally find a spot I can pull over. He blows by be me then slams his breaks as now he can't follow my taillights. I ride his ass down the mountain - at 15 mph.