Hi all you ladies

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

G0ldengirl68

Reaction score
I was not wanting to ask this question because I didn't want to take the chance of offending anyone, but I felt a bit safer doing it in the ladies only forum.  I'll keep it short and direct, and discussions on it are welcome of course.

Are there groups, women only, or men/women both groups, that are non-smokers?

Thanks for any feedback, Denise

Not any that I know of. I’m severely allergic to cig and pot smoke so I just go in my camper if someone lights up.

I used to smoke 12 or so years ago, and I don't mind if people smoke outside.
It does stink though if you are not a smoker, so if someone smokes in the company, I try to be upwind.
You don't have to be so close that you breathe the cigarette smoke.

I wouldn't let anyone smoke inside my vehicle or home though, because the smell lingers.

But lots of smokers are good people, I used to be such. (Smoker I mean, I' m still good otherwise :p  )
So don't kick them to the curb, just for smocking.

Thanks to both of you replying, glad you were around this a.m. 

I wish it didn't bother me so much but it really does.  We have a smoking area here at my apt. complex, and I avoid it because the smoke travels right to me with the slightest breeze.  Then, the people smoking all know me, and they love Mimmie my dog, and she loves everybody and obviously isn't bothered by smoke ;)  They want to hold her etc. but I can't let them, we just stay on the other side of the building anymore.  I think a non-smoking group would be good for folks like me, and maybe that's to come in the future.  Many are not bothered by cigarette smoke I understand, and I've had people think I'm really an odd-ball, even I think I'm an odd-ball, lol!  Funny how a camp-fire never bothers me, love the smell, unless it's blowing in my face of course ;)

Thanks again, Denise

Just remembered. There is a face group which is one of HOWA’s and it’s called We Camp Together. You are encouraged to state exactly what you are looking for in camp mates to include interests. I’m sure you can ask for campers that don’t smoke.

Cammalu said:
Just remembered. There is a face group which is one of HOWA’s and it’s called We Camp Together. You are encouraged to state exactly what you are looking for in camp mates to include interests. I’m sure you can ask for campers that don’t smoke.
I will check it out Cammalu!  Thank you much ;)  Find almost anything you want online for sure, Denise

Way back when, there was a non-smoking/no fires area at the RTRfor people sensitive to smoke

What is RTR vandella?  I'm just thinking that there are probably just word of mouth people to talk to that will know of a group.  I know I miss out on meeting other, great people by joining one like that but things will work out one way or another.  At this point, I know I need more to live "out" like I want to, more than I have, so I hope I can save up pretty fast since I'm not getting any younger :rolleyes: :p

got it Vandella, thank you!  These gatherings really sound so good!  I will be figuring a way to make it to one :)  I have the wheels, I just need to fix up a nifty camper/shell of some sort :)