HELP

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Garrettwolf said:
I just bought a pop up myself, trying to get wife use to the idea,.  Not going to be easy.  Lol
for sure, hubby says camping is too much work, yeah when we used a tent, not so much work using the popup, what i want to do is camp for 4 or 5 days come home restock, plus hubby has a paper route on sundays. we have not used ours yet, still trying to figure out the wiring hope to go next week

Be sure to search under the "Electrical" part of the forums and see what kind of converter/charger you have. It's not likely a very good one, single stage set too low for your batteries.  I'm not familiar with linking to other threads but this topic discusses some of your needs:  https://vanlivingforum.com/Thread-T-105-RE-s-Iota-converter

Good luck, read up some and follow the advice of the experienced posters who respond to you (uhh, that's not me but read up anyway).  :)

Wabbit said:
Maybe my questions are mute. Won't take it personal, best wishes to get your solar going. I'm out.
I am sorry you were offended, I was not sure how to answer your questions

Depends on if you are running 12 volt dc appliance or regular household appliance 110-120 volts, If they are household appliances you will a dc to ac inverter and the batteries will hook up directly to the inverter. Here is a link http://www.dcacpowerinverters.com/ the best typ is the pure sine ones.

Deb1996 said:
we got it all set up, lights and water pump work but now the outlets don't work, not sure why. Here's what we have. 2 100 watt solar panels connected to a wanderer charge control which is connected to the batteries, wired in series, then we have the existing battery wires wired to the batter. switch inside camper is set for battery :huh:
we have got everything working, I have one more question, how can I tell how much battery i have left?