Hello

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

julianp

Reaction score
I'm new here and only recently discovered Bob.  I have been wanting to do this nomad thing for the last 15 years but I've been too scared and I had young kids.  Well my youngest will be graduating in 6 years so that should give my wife and I time to plan and prepare.  I'll still be too young to retire (55) but my 10 year plan has now become my 5 year plan, sort of.  There has been more and more times when I've said, "I'm going to sell everything and disappear."  After watching the videos, it actually appears to be possible.  For the first time it appears there's a way out of working 48 hours a week hoping for a weeks vacation.

Welcome to the forum. You have time to prepare. For the next few years take short trips and see if it is your cup of tea. Youtube will tell you how wonderful it is, but just about everything has advantages and disadvantages. it mat or not be fore you.

Welcome Julian to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Well it's January 2021. Paying down debt. We will be buying some property in Pahrump to set it up for transferring our licenses and all that when we're ready to go. Sadly nursing pay is a lot lower down there but I don't expect to have nearly the same bills as we have now. Still sticking with the original plan. We have still not bought a trailer yet though. Watched Nomadland last week and I broke down at the scene with the woman describing her coworker dying with the sailboat in his driveway. It renewed our drive to disconnect from the ratrace.