Hello from not so sunny Scotland

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

megmerlin

Reaction score
:D  Hello everyone, I am Mags I live in Scotland, I live in a motor home not much traveling parked up outside my daughter's house(Covid put a stop to that lol) but I am preparing to build a small off-grid hut with the plan to travel when I get itchy feet again. I would love to come to one of the events and meet all you people. I have been binge-watching all the videos from all you good people, Bob, Box Van dee, Solar Boondocker to name a few I found then extremely helpful and inspiring. It has given me the confidence to just go for it. Seeing all you lovely peoples van tour has been amazing thank you to all you peeps who take the time to share your knowledge. I am so looking forward to getting stuck in and making this part of life all about me and what's leftover the kids can have lol  

So come say hi to me and hopefully we may get to meet someday in the future. 
Take care stay safe and well, and salutations from Bonnie Scotland.

Love to all Mags x

Welcome to the CRVL forums Mags! Please keep us updated when you start traveling again! Hope you can come to the US to join us at the RTR or other gatherings that will happen whenever it's safe to be in large groups again.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Wow! Long ways out. Hope you can come over and tour this big country

Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)

There are several of us here who have condsidered just what you speak of with an offgrid facility that would work with
the Van rig much like a hybrid.  The building would contain the elements of a home that the Van doesn't carry aboard it.
Like part of the home is mobile while part is stationary. 

The offgrid building would contain heating for room air and water,  a washer & dryer, largerr loung room where a portable
entertainment center could be moved from the Van into that room when "at home".  A generator would provide power for
everything when at home including the water pump from well or cistern. 

These Diesel Heaters could turn out 8K for air heat as well as water heating and they only sip fuel while in operation.
In Scotland it may require more than one of these. But they are not expensive.

An insulated block building about twice the size of the Van could have a garage as one half of the structue to park the
Van while in from the road. 

I would imagine this could be done affordably.

In the meanwhile let me invite you to look thru the two links below for more ideas. 

All the best of luck to you !

Cammalu said:
Wow!  Long ways out. Hope you can come over and tour this big country
That's my plan to come over and travel, but it will probably be two years as I'm due a grandbaby in January and I wouldn't want to miss a thing lol I already have 3 but another one is a very welcome addition. But I might be able to make it to a rtr or a gathering next year if it becomes safe, I hope to meet lots of lovely people. Everyone os so friendly and I love it.

eDJ_ said:
Welcome to the CRVL Forum  :)...
In the meanwhile let me invite you to look thru the two links below for more ideas. 

All the best of luck to you !

Why thank you and great information thanks

I try to be very positive and have had a great life even with all the problems that we have to endure but what doesn't kill ya makes you stronger I had a fantastic mother who died young but in that short time I spent with her she built up a courage individual who will see nothing stand in her way. Well done mum x 

I hope to get to meet all you people soon x

Welcome Megs, glad to have you here with us!
I wish you best of luck with all your plans.
Happy travels!

Latest posts