Hello from Caravan Carolyn!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Welcome, sorry, data limited and can't watch vids, but welcome!

I've found a lot of new channels to watch on YT by searching for the RTR this week, yours is one I've been watching recently! I know it's not easy to and a lot of work to make and upload videos, especially when you're mobile. Thanks for posting and welcome to the forums! :cool:

Hey Carolyn. I’ve been glued to rv/van life YouTube videos for a while. I subscribe to yours and just want to say thank you! I tried to find an email address for you, but it looks like you’re only on Facebook. I also have a Facebook page, but have been on a FB vacation for the last 5 months. I’m getting ready to get back on FB to reveal my new little RV and to let my friends know my future plans, so if you don’t respond to this, I’ll get in touch then when I re-activate my FB page. 

I was reading Bob Wells’ blog and he was talking about doing a mentorship kind of thing where experienced rv/van dwellers pair up with people who are new to the life. I really like his idea and was wondering if you’d be interested in mentoring me. I’m not launching into nomadic rv life until late fall - early winter but it would be cool to be able to begin to corespond with someone as I prepare to head out. I’m a 56 year old grandmother and I’ve raised my grandson since his birth and he’s off to college this fall, so I’m free to roam. 
(Yeah, I was was pretty young when I became a grandma!) 

After watching so many nomadic van videos and getting a vibe for the people out there, you seem to be a good person, mellow, drama free, mature, quiet, respectful etc... which is why I thought you might be a good mentor match for me. So if you’d be willing to corespond via email for a few months to get to know me and see if you feel the same I’d really appreciate that. If it all worked out maybe when I launch into my next phase of life we could meet up and continue a mentorship thing of some sort. If not that’s cool too, but I’d like to give it a try if your up for it. 

Okay, I guess that’s about it, thx for reading this,
Peace from Berkeley, CA
Hollis

Attachments

• SmartSelect_20190403-134329_Photos.jpg
    SmartSelect_20190403-134329_Photos.jpg
    359.1 KB · Views: 4
I gave Parker a bit 'foundation' to match his face skintone to Macy's ?

You will have to catch up on what Caravan Carolyn is now up to. She decided to quit being a nomad. To make sure that is the right choice she just paid for a year long lease and has moved into an RV resort park. If it suits her the plan is to buy a house. Says she is tired of having to move around every 14 days and find places to empty trash, empty dirty water and find clean water.