Hello from Australia.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

LuvFun

Reaction score
Hi everybody.
I live in Australia, have a lovely Caravan and 4WD SUV and love traveling around the country.
I know, long way away, but would like to meet you sometime.
Cheers, Joe.

Welcome LuvFun to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

Sofisintown, Thank you for your welcome.
Take care, Joe

Welcome to the forum LuvFun. Enjoy your travels down there and if you ever come here look me up. I would come down there to visit you but I can’t stand driving and walking around upside down all the time. I’ll bet you Folks from down under get really tired of that stupid joke don’t you. Seems to give me a chuckle every time I think of it. Yeah I am a 66-year-old man with a five-year-old brain. Wouldn’t want to live any other way. Keep in touch.

Thanks nature lover. Hmm, gotten used to being upside down all the time now. The biggest problem is that we are so far away from the rest of the right way up people. Hope I do get over your way one day and would certainly look you up.
    Really like the way you have all that blm land etc for dispersed camping. It must make things a lot easier. We have a lot of controls on camping around here, unless you want to pay for it.
    Love the way that I have only been on this forum for 2 days and already made a new friend.
    The last few days has seen me have been making some better window coverings and I will find the correct forum here to describe how I did it.
Cheers, Joe

Time to take a long trip and camp across the US!

Weldome to the CRVL Forum  :)

On the bright side your winter months are waning and you can get out and travel soon.  I'm on another message board with a friend in Sidney wanting a Van to convert into a rig now.   Since I showed him the Van Conversion link at the bottom.  I'm trying to get him to join CRVL and he claims to be lurking here.  I guess when he finds a Van he will make himself known.   I did that Van Conversion site in part to help another member there but he decided he wanted a hot rod Pickup Truck.  No interest in camping or travel,  just use the truck like a car.

Hi Cammalu, Yep the USA is  a long ways to drive.
We are not allowed out of the county because of the virus right now. Are you allowed out of the US?
Australia is not allowing visitors in, either. Eventually it will get back to normal.
Joe

eDJ_ said:
Weldome to the CRVL Forum  :)

On the bright side your winter months are waning and you can get out and travel soon.  I'm on another message board with a friend in Sidney wanting a Van to convert into a rig now.   Since I showed him the Van Conversion link at the bottom.  I'm trying to get him to join CRVL and he claims to be lurking here.  I guess when he finds a Van he will make himself known.   I did that Van Conversion site in part to help another member there but he decided he wanted a hot rod Pickup Truck.  No interest in camping or travel,  just use the truck like a car.
Hi eDJ_. Thanks for your welcome.
Yes, we are in Spring. Right now, the weather here can be anything  from full on winter to 100 F.  We have had both in the last week.
Joe.

Mexico will still let us in but that’s about it