Hello all!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kryten121

Reaction score
Hi all, just started getting fixated with the issue of housing and the space that we waste.  And started researching alternatives to a fixed home, pretty sure I won't be able to afford a traditional home with the market the way it is, I also hate the idea of being tied to one location.  So I happened to stumble across a van conversion video or two on youtube and since then I have really started to consider the possibilities of that.  My only child will be 18 this year and I am sure will be off to do her own thing and being able to roam has suddenly become more appealing.  I grew up an hour or so from the ocean and I really miss that, being able to move around would be great so long as I could keep my job lol.

What do you guys and gals look for in a vehicle?

Welcome kryten121 to the CRVL forums! For a vehicle, the newest and lowest mileage you can afford. Don't forget to have about a $5,000 emergency fund too.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips, Tricks and Rules" post lists some helpful information to get you started.

Most of our rules boil down to two simple over-riding principles: 1) What you post should provide good information (like your introductory post), and 2) Any response to someone else's post should make them feel glad they are part of this forum community.

We look forward to hearing more from you.

I’m old and want the comfort of a shower and bathroom. I’ve met a lot that are just fine without but I’ve met a lot that wish they would have gotten a small camper or RV and it’s always for the convenience. Don’t underestimate your comfort zone.

Welcome to the forum. I certainly hope you find what you’re looking for. My choice in vehicles was limited by my budget. I ended up converting a conversion van. It works for me there’s many other things I’d like to have but every time I look at other vehicles I have to remember to be thankful for what I’ve got. So far so good. If budget doesn’t set limits for you then the choices are limitless. But I agree with others that being able to stand up is important. I part time for years in a GMC Safari, I was younger and my back was much more flexible. Couldn’t do it today. So welcome to the forum I hope you find what you’re looking for stick around become part of the bunch.

Hi all, just started getting fixated with the issue of housing and the space that we waste. And started researching alternatives to a fixed home, pretty sure I won't be able to afford a traditional home with the market the way it is, I also hate the idea of being tied to one location. So I happened to stumble across a van conversion video or two on youtube and since then I have really started to consider the possibilities of that. My only child will be 18 this year and I am sure will be off to do her own thing and being able to roam has suddenly become more appealing. I grew up an hour or so from the ocean and I really miss that, being able to move around would be great so long as I could keep my job lol.

What do you guys and gals look for in a vehicle?
Well, for me, it is being able to stand up, because of my back. Size is not such a big deal, but reliability is. I have lived in my car, a big camper van and my Honda Odyssey. My camper van was awesome! Welcome!