Heat Resistant Rubberized Silicone

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eoewan

Reaction score
Anyone have experience with this stuff? I'm going to be resealing on the roof and want to know if I could use this stuff? The roof is a rubber skin. It says can be used on rubber. It stays soft.

the make products especially for rubber RV roofs. why not use those? highdesertranger

Most people use Dicor Self-leveling sealant.

From what I understand, the problem with silicon products is that NOTHING (often not even silicon) will stick to them for later maintenance and repairs.

I just did my truck and canopy in matching Black/Tan ALS Bedliner. It is pretty tough stuff. No idea if it is an option for an RV or not.

On my 1991 Ajo travel trailer the "rubber roof " was a little thicker than a heavy duty trash bag. I used eternobond tape on and around all seams and holes, then silicone white roof coating from Home Depot. Being a quick fix on an old 18 foot trailer that had no leaks but needed to last only a year or so it worked and was quick and easy and added a little weight to an already heavy trailer. It cost me about $200 for everything. If done right redoing a rubber roof is a messy dirty job and well worth doing if you are gonna keep the trailer more than 3 to 5 years. If it were me I would almost consider putting a single piece aluminum roof on if it was possible and I was going to keep it. I was not impressed with a "rubber roof" that had been in hot sun for 10 years.