health care insurance policies changes for Covid 19 cases

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

maki2

Reaction score
While of course it is to be hoped that no forum member acquires the Covid 19 virus there is a risk they might.

The insurance companies have been making some changes to policies regarding coverage for Covid 19 medical care.

Now don't worry the changes are to make it more affordable in some cases eliminating copays for Covid 19 related matters or other positive changes. But I can't tell you what the specific changes are for your insurance providers, you need to find it out for yourself.

So if you have not already done so now while you are healthy is a good time to get on the internet for your specific provider, or call them on the phone and find out what the special provisions your insurance plan may include. If you don't have a lot of data ask them to snail mail it or email it. Then put it in your documents file just in case you have a health concern related to Covid 19 and need to see your doctor. Or find out if your company is covering the telecare visits. In some states you can get a prescription filled a month ahead of time without penalty to have it on hand just in case you can't get out to get a refill. So lots of reasons to find out now what the changes are.

Unfortunately heading to the library to use their wifi is not usually going to work. Also difficult to do at coffee shops unless you can sit in your car and get their wifi signal. The other day in town I did notice people standing outside the building at my local grocery store using their cell phones to log onto the store's free wifi.

maki2 said:
....In some states you can get a prescription filled a month ahead of time without penalty....
I tried to do this at a big box pharmacy in AZ and was turned down. The pharmacist told me that was illegal and she could loose her license. She told me that I had to be completely out of medication before refill.  I have never run into this before, usually get refills when I still have some left.  -crofter

crofter said:
I tried to do this at a big box pharmacy in AZ and was turned down. The pharmacist told me that was illegal and she could loose her license. She told me that I had to be completely out of medication before refill.  I have never run into this before, usually get refills when I still have some left.  -crofter
I was able to do it at Walgreens in Seattle. The governor in the state of Washington was the one who told the insurance companies to make it happen for the Covid 19 situation.  I am sure that it will go back to normal once the crisis is over.

How such things will be allowed or not allowed are going to vary.