Has anyone ever converted a truck into a van?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

protryon

Reaction score
I'm thinking of buying a long pickup truck and converting it into a can by removing the pickup bit attached to the chassis and welding a custom built box to the back. Has anything g like this been done? Successfully?

There was a centurion van conversion in the 80's. Is that what you are thinking?

Sent from my Alcatel_5044R using Tapatalk

I would think it would be far easier to just buy a van? Maybe I'm missing something here?

Cutaway box trucks, already done and lots cheaper, plus better looking, than DIY.

my buddy has a U-Haul box that bolts to a 1 ton truck frame. if you where to have a 1 ton 4x4 and bolted the box to it you would basically have a 4x4 RV. I posted it here for sale awhile back, no takers. a 4x4 RV starts at about 100k. you can build you own considerably cheaper. now if you don't want a 4x4 I would agree just get a van. highdesertranger

There are several older Class C and sedan delivery / panel trucks around so factory manufactured vehicles are around, there was even a kit for VW bugs. Several milk delivery companies used 1966 6 cylinder 1 ton standard Chevy barn door panel trucks for delivery. I had one, top speed was about 50 MPH as they were considered in town vehicles only.

I converted a Peterbilt to a motorhome using a 16' Morgan van box.

See the build link below.

speedhighway46 said:
I converted a Peterbilt to a motorhome using a 16' Morgan van box.

See the build link below.
I wonder how many people on this website would buy a slightly used truck with ONLY 887000 miles :)
You have created a truly unique vehicle with a more unique anti theft device ....With years of experience with an Eaton 10 speed hi/low doubleclutch even I would hesitate to try to drive the 18 ...Thankyou and Enjoy your TOY :)