Great job for a nomad?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
With auto syncing clocks and cell phones is calling the phone company for the time even available anymore?
My grandfather used to stay up late once a year to hear the official time from the Naval Observatory and set all the house clocks. Now my clock syncs to something(?) every morning at 3 AM and my phone syncs to Verizon time; I don't know where they get it.

I'm not going to ask how you are sure of that :)
just giving time on the phone has to be like $10 an hr if lucky even doing customer support or something else??
I figure with pay on phone sex for 10 minutes might be like $100 easily HAHA No idea truly but I know this is easy money point blank and over the phone? it seems like very simple easy money to the max to me and and and.....lol.....who ya are and time ya got could rack up to massive big bucks for 'chat'.....I know I can talk alot....weeeeee......might be in my future if I need it but I sure hope I don't!

With auto syncing clocks and cell phones is calling the phone company for the time even available anymore?
My grandfather used to stay up late once a year to hear the official time from the Naval Observatory and set all the house clocks. Now my clock syncs to something(?) every morning at 3 AM and my phone syncs to Verizon time; I don't know where they get it.
Here's how my computers keep the time in synch.

Network Time Protocol (NTP)

https://www.techtarget.com/searchnetworking/definition/Network-Time-Protocol
"There are thousands of NTP servers around the world. They have access to highly precise atomic clocks and Global Positioning System clocks. Specialized receivers are required to directly communicate with the NTP servers for these time services. It is not practical or cost-effective to equip every computer with one of these receivers. Instead, computers designated as primary time servers are outfitted with the receivers. They use protocols such as NTP to synchronize the clock times of networked computers.

NTP uses Coordinated Universal Time (UTC) to synchronize computer clock times with extreme precision. It offers greater accuracy on smaller networks -- down to 1 millisecond in a local area network (LAN) and within tens of milliseconds over the internet. NTP does not account for time zones. Instead, it relies on the host to perform such computations."