Great Interactive National Forest Map!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

rvwandering

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Reaction score
I have a habit of bookmarking interesting websites as I find them and then forgetting to check them out. A few days ago I was rearranging and organizing stuff on my computer and found this link -  https://www.fs.fed.us/ivm/

Wow! The amount of information and detail is amazing. You can search for a variety of activities. Clicking on each placemark brings up basic information plus a website for more information. Roads and trails are marked with usage rules and condition.  You can even see fire warnings and weather activity by checking the boxes on the layers icon. The layers icon also has a box to check off the annoying little "featured" pictures.

The only helpful thing that seems to be missing are the dots that MUVM maps use to show established dispersed campsites.

Thanks for the link, Karen. Lots of info there.

I checked out the Ocala National Forest near me, and everything I clicked on was a paid campground with no hookups for anywhere from $10 to $33 a night. I'll be danged if I'm paying $33 a night to stay in a free national forest. I saw a couple of free campgrounds, but they were only open during snowbird season, and some required reservations. 
I'm sure there are free spots to be had year around in some parts, but that was discouraging, since it's our only National Forest.

Deb look up Florida water management districts such as Sfwmd.gov

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk