Fulltime Boondocker.......

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTJohn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
.......and partime urban stealth vagabond. Have lurkt 4 awhile & think this forumz kool.

Always 'Me'.............INTJohn

My summer base camp hang is in West Michigan near Lake Michigan and my winter base camp hang is SE Ca desert.

Thanx...........INTJohn

This is my base camp in West Michigan where I spend 7ish months of the year.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    164.1 KB · Views: 37
This is this years winter base camp hang where I'll be 4 about 5 more weex:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    137.8 KB · Views: 26
Sigh

There is nothing like being deep in the woods of Michigan. Later this year I hope to visit family there and also drive the coastline shooting the light houses. Finish off in the fall for the colors and then head south again.

Welcome to the forum

Welcome INTJohn to the CRVL forums! To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you. highdesertranger

Do you guys "hang" in the national forest lands in west Michigan at all?

I don't camp on any National Forest land perse' when in Mich as there's a 14 day limit at 1 place and then you must move 25 miles, I think. Too much BS for me plus I need to make a few $$$ while I'm there AAaand hang out at the Lake Michigan Beach.

A few years back when I sold my house, property, boats, sports cars and all of the other Murahkan Materialistic BS I'ld accumulated over my life I purchased a 0.6 acre wooded parcel (see pic above) to park my Trailer on for the 7 or 8 months I'm in Mich. Total Boondock heaven. - no hookups at all. Its surrounded by National & State Forest and its on a paved road!

I bought my piece of heaven at the County Tax Auction for 400$. I also had to pay a 22$ deed recordation fee and they handed me an envelope that said I also had to pay that years Summer property taxes. I opened it and it was for $4.53. HAHA I lol....... Had an excavation guy put in a culvert that cost me 800$ so I've got like $1300ish into it.

There's a campground about 5 miles away when I need to dump (40 gal blueboy); get water (50 gallon Barrel) and buy stuff ( gin) at the camp store. I've done a lot of work for the owners over the years and they don't ever charge me to use the dump & get water......

Thaz where I live win back in Mish................INTJohn

Welcome INTJohn,  I think you've found another tribe of like minded folk here.

jimindenver said:
Sigh

There is nothing like being deep in the woods of Michigan. Later this year I hope to visit family there and also drive the coastline shooting the light houses. Finish off in the fall for the colors and then head south again.

Welcome to the forum

Hi Jim;
What part of Michigan will you be visiting and I'm curious about the coastline you'll be travellin as Michigan has ALOT of coastline.
Thanx..........John

speedhighway46 said:
Do you guys "hang" in the national forest lands in west Michigan at all?

I live in Newaygo County about an hour or so North of Grand Rapids near the Muskegon River. 

By your name here I assume you live on or near M-46?

thanx...........itnjohn