Full timers where you spend most of your time?

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Trekking

Reaction score
You spend most of your time on the east coast, west coast, north or southern states.
Or some snow birds.

Last year I spent Summer in the Northwest and BC. I love Arizona so I am trying to spend most of my time in Arizona. I spent the last four months in the Imperial Valley and Quartzite and Ehrenburg. Everything is close, so moved around that area. That area went into the 90's so went to Wickenburg but the elevation is only 2000? feet so it was still too warm for me and my dog. Came up here to Cottonwood near Sedona and not only is it nice and cool, (70s) but very beautiful. I recently learned it is all about elevation for a great Summer, and not North or South. I think it is possible to spend all four seasons in Arizona.

One of the things I love about Az is that you can find all 4 seasons here.

Az has lots of history and some neighboring states that are interesting in many ways.
We like being where its cooler in summer and warmer in winter.

One of the big draws vandwelling had for me was the opportunity to get away from humidity in the summer and the cold in winter. So I've been in the West and Southwest and plan on keeping it that way.

I'm only 8 months into this, and I'm Canadian.
So I'm only allowed in the States 6 months a year.
So I guess I'm a snow bird.
I'm certainly not doing cold anymore.
This winter was a late start but I spent most of it on Padre Island of Corpus Christi.
Wonderful spot and very cheap. As soon as it got warm enough I came back to New Orleans for Mardi Gras. Now I'll be heading north via the Appalachian trail to cross into Canada May 1. Leaving me November December next winder in the south.