From Dreamer to Living

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MorgaVan

Reaction score
For two years we've been thinking about, planning and getting our van and ourselves ready for living out in the world. I retired this week and after Christmas day we head south out of Michigan for two weeks in Mississippi. Converted a cargo van ourselves. It's not luxury but it's ours and it's functional. Excited and nervous.

For two years we've been thinking about, planning and getting our van and ourselves ready for living out in the world. I retired this week and after Christmas day we head south out of Michigan for two weeks in Mississippi. Converted a cargo van ourselves. It's not luxury but it's ours and it's functional. Excited and nervous.
WOO HOO! Congratulations!! I wish you fun and relaxation and plenty of lovely views from your campsites!!

I'd love to see photos of your van conversion, if you're comfortable sharing some.

Last edited:
WOO HOO! Congratulations!! I wish you fun and relaxation and plenty of lovely views from your campsites!!

I'd love to see photos of your van conversion, if you're comfortable sharing some.
Will do. We've actually rebuilt it a few times so we call it Marvin 4.0. 😁🤔

Will do. We've actually rebuilt it a few times so we call it Marvin 4.0. 😁🤔
IMG_20211226_111805.jpg
Loaded and ready to head out. Left daughter's house Dec 26
IMG_20211227_145753.jpg
View of inside from slider. First day in warmer weather we tested the water system. Found and fixed leaks. Will need to rethink our sink drain as that didn't work out as planned. 😆

Your intent as a troll is well stated by your username. I've found no hate here, except what YOU are importing.

Remember the old saying "If you dont have anything nice (helpful) to say then don't say anything at all."?

There's no room for trolls at our campfire, feel free to move on if you have nothing positive to contribute.
Actually, his trollisms gave me some smiles and laughs, because they are so far from my own experience in real life. I've been in my self-converted 1998 Chevy Express 3500 high-top van for a solid two years now and absolutely love it. You'd have to be looking for such problems as his to actually find them. (And I know there are people out there who do just that!)

The closest to home of all the things he mentioned is my poor gas mileage. But that just means I "stop and smell the roses" more often and longer than I would otherwise; still not a problem, just a slightly different approach to how I experience van life.

Oh, almost forgot to mention I love Bob Wells. I feel about him the way a small kid feels about Santa Claus. Often when something seems a problem, I hear his words in the same voice he uses in his videos, saying in my head, "You can do it too!" And he's right; I always can.

Last edited: