frends think i am loosing my mind

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
LOL. My parents have been against this idea but luckily for me, my father found an old copy of The New Yorker with an article about vanlife. I guess if it is in The New Yorker, it is ok? LOL.

Here is the article:

http://www.newyorker.com/magazine/2017/04/24/vanlife-the-bohemian-social-media-movement

Also, I helped ease my mother's mind by sharing my google password with her and then showing her how to use Google Locate to see where I am at all times! I am not even on the road yet but she loves this and now she can check up on me without bugging me. :)

tx2sturgis said:
Dean,

If you want to mess with them, tell them you are gonna live in a van down by the river, join a cult, chase butterflies, and poop in a bucket.

:D

If they dont laugh, you know you will not be able to explain it anyway.

Or just tell them you need to be with the best care-giver ever: Mother Nature.
cute they think I am a bit off my rocker anyway because I did this earlier in my life

I guess I'm lucky. My kids and friends think it's an awesome idea.

Or maybe they just want to get rid of me. :(

Putts said:
I guess I'm lucky. My kids and friends think it's an awesome idea.

Or maybe they just want to get rid of me. :(

most of my family know I travel a different path in my life I go where  my heart leads me

Yes, if demand goes up, prices rise. But in the long run, if it increasingly becomes a popular lifestyle, it might be more accepted. Plus it could mean some good opportunities on the supply side of things. If I enjoyed sawing stiff and nailing stuff, I would seriously consider having a van conversion service.

You know, i moved i to a 6x10 cargo trailer about 2 months ago and its been the beat thing ever. I can go wherever i want whenever i want. Dont let others' negativity get you down.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Latest posts