Free Water Jugs

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

INTJohn

Supporting Member
Reaction score
Always can use more water storage - right?
If you know anyone with cats maybe even vet clinics or animal shelters; the 20lb cat litter jugs make great 2.5 gallon water jugs. I have 8 of them & I got mine for free and I'm sure there's no shortage of them that most peeps probably just throw away.
Make sure you get all the litter residue & dust out then fill with bleached water for 24 hours. Turn them every once in awhile to make sure the entire jug is sterile then the next day rinse em out good and your good to go.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.6 KB · Views: 31
You cheap bustard! What a great idea. I imagine someone will chime in if this kind of plastic is gonna give you cancer. Again, great reusability solution!

Cry said:
You cheap bustard! What a great idea. I imagine someone will chime in if this kind of plastic is gonna give you cancer. Again, great reusability solution!

lol    :D  My trailer has a 105 gal fresh water tank and I have a 55 gal plastic barrel (got it for 5$) and with those 8 jugs; topped off I have 180 gallons of fresh water. that lasts me along long time.

Man when I see what they want for 3 or 5 gallon water jugs - even at Walmart - these things are a steal!  I got an extra lid that I punched a hole in and use a spigot from an old cooler too! Thaz cheep bro.

Hahz...............INTJohn

I have been useing them for draining oil and catching coolant.  The top cuts off easy, and every couple weeks I have another one.  The 35 lb bucket are fantastic for storing everything from dry goods to van parts.  I even have a bucket boss on one, giving my a portable tool kit in a bucket.

I like the part about cutting a larger hole and storing parts and items in them.

Yeah the 30 lb bucketz rok 4 aw kindza everything. I use 1 4a trash bin:

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    777.8 KB · Views: 14
Some of these plastic buckets used for pet products deteriorate and crumble after a bit. Especially in heat or sun shine.

The ones I am using are 4 years old. I have had white buckets get impact cracks at 10 years. 

Wadaya want fer free!  :D

I would reserve them for storage of non-potable water. They're not food grade, and many have been colored with toxic dyes.

TrainChaser said:
I would reserve them for storage of non-potable water.  They're not food grade, and many have been colored with toxic dyes.

OK lol - this was my chuckle for the day when first posted. 

Considering the fact fully 85% of America has not, does not and never will live anything that can be construed as 'A Healthy Lifestyle':

Proper diet & nutrition & exercise with even minimum sensibility practically non-existent.........
80% of America being overweight with 60% fitting the clinical definition of obesity; sedentary; not to mention the cigarettes, weed, coke & meth that most have imbibed in at least at some point in their lives if not for years or decades;
lol haha

Somehow I don't think running the chance of ingesting a couple micro-molecules of clear plastic by drinking a few gallons of water from a recycled sterilized kitty liter jug is really going to influence anyones health in a toooooo negative fashion - in fact after the shit food ,drugs & lifestyle that 90% of Americans have partaken in, it would probably be beneficial that they are in fact drinking somekind of water no matter what kind of container it comes out of....  

Again hahahahaha lolollol I can't fuking stop laffing at this.
As I See it...............INTJohn