Free E books

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have two sources for free e-books .. BookBub.com  and KOBO.com  
Several times a week I get emails from both sources and there is usually at least one free book in the list.

When I see one I think I will like I simply download it to my tablet, laptop, smart phone and my desktop.  
Yes, I download them to all of my devices, that way I will always have access to a book.

Once downloaded there is no " Time Limit" when they will disappear from my devices.  
They remain forever on my hard drives and as I get through with a book, I simply delete it..

There is another site that I have not explored yet, E Books.com

I am a voracious reader, averaging 2 and sometimes 3 paperbacks per week. My main interest are westerns and mysteries, everything from Janet Evanovich to Louis L'Amore .  I currently have over 1000 books, both paperback and hard back in my collection not counting the E-books on my computers  and I have read about 80% of them, some I have re-read more than once..

Some folks like going out and partying, some like watching television,, ME ?? .. I watch the evening news and Jeopardy then turn off the TV and go to bed where I sometimes read past midnight..
Yeh I know, I'm an old stick in the mud but books are more interesting than some people and TV shows.  :D

I have recently qualified to access a lot more free ebook and audio book downloads that I can check out on a library loan with the help of the website archive.org thru a program for persons who have some visual issues. Here is a link to the article where I found out how to do this.
https://blog.archive.org/2018/10/16...1-8-million-digital-books-free-now-worldwide/

My vision is not over all low vision, I can see just fine to drive. But in 2015 I developed a visual issue due to some retinal damage that caused macular pucker. If I try to read a paperback book or even a hardback book that has normal sized print then the lines of text get wavy and there is blurring at my focal point. So I changed to using a tablet for reading digital books where I can enlarge the print to a comfortable size instead of reading from a printed paperback, text book or hardback. My public library has been great for free ebooks but there are subjects and authors they did not carry so I wanted other sources. I submitted the form to one of the vision disability libraries listed on link above and got approved for their program.

So just sharing a resource if like myself you or even one of your friends needs to have their books in larger sized print or in audio format. You don't have to be blind, you just need to have a real visual issue that inhibits your ability to read that can't be fully corrected with eye glasses.

There is a nice collection of free ebooks at www.obooko.com. They have a travel section as well as books on business, health, spirituality, and other topics that might be relevant to van dwelling / travel. Fiction, too. They're based in the UK, so US travel is not their main focus, but they have a pretty good range. Enjoy!

Not for United Statesians but has anyone mentioned Z-library and LibGen yet?

I can't post the links. I'm in Cali.