Found my trailer!... kinda

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Lefty

Reaction score
Hey y'all,
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on this but just wanted to run it by y'all to make sure I didn't miss any red flags. For being new and what's on it I think $5,125 is a crazy low price! Only thing is I'm in Illinois and it's like 800 miles away on the southeast part of Georgia. They want $1.45 a mile to deliver but for that much I think I should just jump on this, put a deposit down and and figure out the logistics later.
Thoughts? 

https://www.reedybranchequipment.co...enclosed-cargo-trailer-7000gvwr-SUwh|6cg.html

Well you must have got it because the link shows sold?

That's strange cause on my computer I can't find anywhere where it says sold. Earlier I emailed about a different one but similar to the one in the link and they told me that it was gone and the next available one without a deposit on it would be 3rd week in July which ain't no problem for me at that price. I just worry cause I couldn't afford to get ripped off for that much.

I wouldn't advise buying anything without looking at it first and the first place I would take it would be to a car wash to check for leaks after pulling it at highway speeds and over a section of rough road, then I would approve payment. No way would I pay for a cargo trailer without this being done, take the salesman with you or pay with a credit card so you can kill the transaction if you find problems. Even high quality trailers sometimes have problems, you don't want to make them yours!

As has been said, buying anything unseen from someone far away has obvious pitfalls!

One difficulty is that the prospective buyer is often so eager to complete the transaction that they become blind to potential red flags and obvious defects, convincing themselves that it'll be okay.

The further away the purchase is the more determined the buyer may be for their trip not to be wasted and this further limits objectivity!