Forum Courtesy

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

towboater

Reaction score
Last night I posted a question on a Facebook forum. It was a question wondering if any one knew of a facility that performed a certain procedure. Instead of receiving an answer to my question I was told by 5 different self-ordained experts basically how stupid I was and it wouldn't work. I know it will work just looking for a true expert to quiz for the finer details. Instead, I got snowflakes who couldn't find their dipstick. The point I am making is that no matter the question on this forum everyone is polite and if they have something intelligent to add they do, if not they don't. Many thanks to all of u and best wishes. End of Rant.

Snowflake means different things to different people, depending on point of view.

In general it means someone that is overly sensitive.
U r 100% right on dictionary definition. I use it in the context of someone who lived in their Mom’s basement and their knowledge of all things is limited to what’s on the news and their job in their cubicle but r experts in all things.

Every slang term is subject to bring used and it's meaning changed by opponents of the original group.
It goes both ways, and is very tedious once it becomes the newest verbal football.

What's a snowflake?
Urban Dictionary says: Snowflake:
A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others.
This has nothing to do with politics. Snowflakes can be liberal or conservative. Whether it is a compliment or an insult is a matter of opinion and depends on the context.
Don't criticize Jane for what she did. She's a snowflake and you'll only upset her.

Urban Dictionary says: Snowflake:
A very sensitive person. Someone who is easily hurt or offended by the statements or actions of others.
This has nothing to do with politics. Snowflakes can be liberal or conservative. Whether it is a compliment or an insult is a matter of opinion and depends on the context.
Don't criticize Jane for what she did. She's a snowflake and you'll only upset her.
It has everything to do with politics. Unless you stay off the internet. Then you won't hear it much.

Again. It depends on context. That you hear or read it mostly in political use doesn't mean it's the only usage.

There are plenty of people I could say are snowflakes that I have no idea of their political stance. It's always a matter of context and usage.

People used woke in one way. Then others used it in a different way. Neither way means I just woke up from a nap. I personally think it sounds stupid in either of the first two ways, including being derogatory about someones beliefs. Again, context and usage.

Carla, yesterday you asked what a snowflake was. Several people defined it for you. And then, less than 24 hrs later, you're back here telling us that it's strictly political. Since you apparently know everything about everything, all the time, and under all conditions, why did you ask in the first place?😲

the thread is all about the snowflakes out there and how do we define that word.....too darn funny!!

Status
Not open for further replies.