For those who drive duallies on rocky roads

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MrNoodly

Reaction score
What do you do when a rock gets wedged between your tires, other than removing a wheel? This:

the chain method works much quicker IMO. However I have to say that in all the years I been driving a dually off road it's only happened to me 1 time. Highdesertranger

Many years ago I was stuck behind a dump truck in some high speed bumper to bumper traffic. I was startled to see what looked like a brick stuck between tires on the truck in front of me (no mud flaps). Couldn't get away from there fast enough.!!

What might this chain method be?

Guy

Both are clever, depending on what kind of gear you have. THANKS!

I was on a bicycle one time on a road that had very little traffic but most of it was big. There were no shoulders but there was little enough traffic that trucks could easily pass a bicycle. As a loaded dump truck and trailer were passing me, a stone between 2 tires on the trailer caused one of them to blow with a lot of force. Nearly shat myself. The truck driver made a panic stop because he didn't know what it was and it scared him too. The tire was shredded.