Food & Water at the RTR

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
PattySprinter said:
Or do you all make runs to town and restock up? 

Do you usually stay in the same spot or move around?

I am sorta a people person but sometimes need to be alone to recharge and am wondering where to park ... I don't want to get lost in the desert trying to walk back to my campsite at night lol!

Thanks  :)

1st question: Albertson's 35 minutes from RTR

Lost at Night :I'm thinking of how to mark my CT with LED light's at night to make it easier to find. Also picked up 2 LED headlamps  using 3 AAA batteries at Walmart.

blmkid said:
Lost at Night :I'm thinking of how to mark my CT with LED light's at night to make it easier to find. Also picked up 2 LED headlamps  using 3 AAA batteries at Walmart.

Another option would be to add some reflective tape (the good stuff, like trucks use) to your camper or to a backing that you can hang on your camper when needed.  I can pick up my camper very easily from a mile away using an 800 lumen flashlight.

I'm trying to figure out why GypsySpirit will need a flag.

PattySprinter said:
 ... I don't want to get lost in the desert trying to walk back to my campsite at night lol!

I dug through some 2016 Halloween stuff and found glow sticks. Someone mentioned glow sticks. I like the pool party one. Slab City?

Been there done that. Got in extra party mode at the tiki lounge and stumbled around the washes lost my hat (which got found and returned) Thank you. Finally sat down and got it together enough to pull my sorry ass out and found my way back. WATER yes never too much I stock 10 gallons.

Quote Almost There: "...there must be at least 6 or 8 Glacier water stations in town..."
My question is, do you know if these stations offer distilled water? Asking due to needing distilled for a Cpap machine.

It is filtered water eoewan. I would think you could get distilled at the grocery or the Family Dollar store.

PattySprinter said:
Or do you all make runs to town and restock up? 

Albertson's is in Blythe, Ca. about 30 minutes from RTR. I plan to go there once. Also will probably make 2 trips to,
 Baja Fresh Mexican Grill, 1902 E Hobosonway, Blythe, Ca 92225. bajafreshdotcom. Look's like a real healthy menu, and good eats.

GypsySpirit said:
This will be a first time for me and the thought of where to park, did I park in the right place, all that will make me so angst-ridden if I think about it. 

If you aren't in a wash (low spot) or on top of a bush or cactus, or in the middle of what looks like a road, you are in the right spot.

duckwonder said:
As far as RTR, I saw in a YouTube video that someone had stopped in Walmart in Pheonix for groceries (maybe an hour away?) and stocked up as much as possible to get a better selection than smaller grocery store and better price too.  Since I'm going through there anyway on the way, sounds like a plan.

Coming from the north or needing to leave RTR for provisions, Parker has a Super Walmart (100 W Riverside Dr, Parker, AZ 85344) 35'ish miles north of Quartzsite.

eoewan said:
Quote Almost There: "...there must be at least 6 or 8 Glacier water stations in town..."
My question is, do you know if these stations offer distilled water? Asking due to needing distilled for a Cpap machine.

No, they only offer the filtered water. The only way to get distilled water that I know of is to buy the gallon jugs at the grocery store or W/M.

In addition to Albertson's that a few have mentioned in Blythe, on the opposite corner to it is Smart & Final. It's a grocery store that is a combo of retail and wholesale so things like green peppers are priced by the pound and by the case as well.

Albertsons' is pricier but has a butcher and deli counter and has some things that are hard to find but other than that I find 99% of what I want in S&F.

There is also a K-Mart in Blythe and a great bakery!