Fold a blanket to use as pillow

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Treknik

Reaction score
Saw this on Reddit and think it is genius. How to fold a blanket to use as a throw pillow/storage.
Link to Reddit video:

cool but won't ever be an ol' standard pillow for me personally
great neck driving support fluff maybe but to sleep with it? nah I need more, for me, but in the end very cool to produce some cool throw pillows that one can use again as a blanket when needed.....like it for those who need it!!

Naah, A folded blanket will never be as soft as a pillow. I have two pillows, so I can flip them to get to the cool side.

So agree, that cool side flip is so needed right? HAHA

I’d never remember that. You should see me try to fold a fitted sheet after watching a video 100 times.

Cammalu said:
I’d never remember that...
LOL!  Takes a few times these days, but once "trained," my body remembers how to do things much better than my brain.  It's a good thing, too.  Muscle memory, baby!

Vanfan I can’t do it to save my life. I have sat for a long time pausing the video trying my best to follow step by step. My sheets are never going to be folded right unless someone that knows how sits and teaches me.

Cammalu said:
I have sat for a long time pausing the video...
True confession:  me, too!  The first time I did it successfully, I couldn't figure out what I had done.  This from the self-appointed first grade President of the playground Origami Club, no less.  It's often when I try to show someone else how to do something that I realize I no longer know how on a cognitive level.  On the flip side, teaching is a great way to solidify learning.  And I love the hive mind of a great sewing community or similar, too!

Folding fitted sheets? Oh my, I just roll them up into a ball and stuff it someplace in the back of the closet.