Flexible panels

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SisterSue

Reaction score
I have watched a couple of videos about flexible panels and how you can use adhesive to hold them to your roof with minimal holes in my roof, I know I won't be able to put a whole lot on my roof as I am in a 1985 Ford class B turtle top but I only have 1 roof vent so want to put as much as I can up there, hopefully around 500 watts from what I have been reading so I don't have to run my motor so much to charge my batteries. Has anyone here used flexible panels and what did you think of them? Also can anyone suggest someplace where I can get them installed on my way west as I am 79 years old and am definitely not going to attempt to climb up on my roof. I used to be able to keep my batteries charged moving around Atlanta, but don't plan on doing as much moving once I get out west. I know I am going to need power as my appliances are all 12 volt.

@B&C
Cool install! Do you remember where you ordered the flexible panels from? Did everything work out with the velcro mounting system?
-crofter

I got them from Amazon IIRC but the memory ain't so great anymore:( The velcro is still holding well. I am thinking the little airgap I made between panel and roof has been a help. No real data on it though. I think I put in the install that they are WindyNation panels. Vendor would be a choice.