Fl newbie here.... hi all

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ceejay

Reaction score
Hi ... I am a gal   :shy: new to Rving ... hoping to buy my first rig within the next month or so ... I have spent all my life doing things for others.. employers,  family, friends, partners ... well .....It is time to reach inside and find what I want.  I am a bit apprehensive, nervous and scared but excited at the same time.  think that might be a bit of an oxymoron statement.  Best to all .. hope your day is  filled with many smiles and no frowns ...  :)

Welcome, ceejay! Tons of good info here so dive right in and ask away if you have questions. We have The Girls Room (scroll down the main page and you'll see it), lots of us here.

Welcome to the CRVL Forums   :) 

Remember the old saying,  "The longest Journey starts with the first step".

And that first step is the one you are looking at right now.  But believe me taking that
first step and learning to walk will be such an improvement over crawling and scooting.   :D 

I think you'll be able to overcome your fears and as you read and learn here you'll be ready to go on the
road some by spring.   Just think baby steps at first.  Week end camp outs or day trips can be a good
beginning "shake down" to get our legs under you. 

All the best !

Now is the perfect time to be out in Florida. This winter is particularly mild. This is why we come to Florida. Somebody left the AC on outside.

If you have a car with a fold down back seat you can get started right away, maybe just tonight.

Welcome.

Hello and Welcome

It wasn't until I found  this site last year that I went from thinking tow vehicle with trailer going from campground to campground which is more $$$$$ than I'm willing or want to spend.  

:D Now I know I can go almost anywhere :D  Live free...make new friends and save $$$ too   :D  WooHoo...Happy Dance  Happy Dance  :D

Jewellann

thank you ... been watching Bob, Carolyn and others ... they have lots to offer ... be nice to go to the big rally next yr and experience it in person rather than watching it.  Best to you ... Do any folks caravan and travel together ... that would be a great way for a newbie to start ...

Welcome CeeJay...wishing the best in your venture. Keep us posted:)

Welcome ... 
   You don't say what part of Florida your in but here in Central Florida
 we have some great boondocking camping, both tent or camper
and they are free 

so no more excuses get out and enjoy our beautiful state & weather

Attachments

• flying e.jpg
    flying e.jpg
    27.9 KB
Welcome to the CRVL forums ceejay! I think most of us are familiar with the scared but excited phenomenon. :) But once out here it's almost always just good!
There's a summer gathering which has been held in the forest near Flagstaff. Check the gatherings link at the top of the page when the weather starts to warm up.

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Florida boondocker said:
Welcome ... 
   You don't say what part of Florida your in but here in Central Florida

I am on central east coast .... when I am ready you will have to educate me as to what is available .. all new to me  :)

rvwandering said:
Welcome to the CRVL forums ceejay!  

Thank you so much ... guess you all like the dessert vs Florida for gatherings ... more open spaces ... I guess... this is a great forum with so much great info .. I will point my way to the dessert for next yrs RTR... I will give myself lots of time to get there .. so I can travel like a turtle..

Don't be afraid just find peace and happiness and friends in your travels.  I just went full time a month now and I know this is the right decision.  I am living in a car with a tent on very limited income but neccessity started this and happiness is what will keep me in this Nomadic life.  Welcome/  Read all the articles you can on this site and you will do great!

The weather is the main attraction of the desert. In January the low elevation desert at Quartzsite is great. In August you just go to a high elevation. On the East coast of Florida the gulfstream moderates the temperature to a degree, usually that degree is 92. The temperature gets higher than most people like but the humidity is truly oppressive for many. My son was born and raised in Melbourne and moved to Tucson, I prefer it in Florida (except Miami).

In Florida we also have open spaces. Usually they are mall parking lots or other paved areas. Left to nature open spaces fill with Brazilian peppers, kudzu, Australian pines, alligators, and pythons.

Trebor English said:
The weather is the main attraction of the desert.  In January the low elevation desert at Quartzsite is great.  In August you just go to a high elevation.  On the East coast of Florida the gulfstream moderates the temperature to a degree, usually that degree is 92.  The temperature gets higher than most people like but the humidity is truly oppressive for many.  My son was born and raised in Melbourne and moved to Tucson, I prefer it in Florida (except Miami).

In Florida we also have open spaces.  Usually they are mall parking lots or other paved areas.  Left to nature open spaces fill with Brazilian peppers, kudzu, Australian pines, alligators, and pythons.

yes the humidity in the summer is really bad ... that is one reason I am looking to RVing ... so I can drive and follow the weather as well as see some sites I have yet to see .... I am not far from Melbourne ... have a wonderful day ...

We just moved back to IL from New Smyrna Beach, loved the beach, but that was about all I loved in FL. Just not my kinda place.

Queen said:
We just moved back to IL from New Smyrna Beach, loved the beach, but that was about all I loved in FL.  Just not my kinda place.

I know exactly what you are saying .. think most come and are here for the beach ...

ceejay said:
thank you ... been watching Bob, Carolyn and others ... they have lots to offer ... be nice to go to the big rally next yr and experience it in person rather than watching it.  Best to you ... Do any folks caravan and travel together ... that would be a great way for a newbie to start ...

Hi Ceejay,
I'm a newbie to and had the same question about travel in groups and how to join them.