First pic of interior Dodge High Top

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Reaction score
I'm about 85% complete on the interior of the Dodge High Top van.   I need to face the "shelves" and make oak trimmed doors to make them "cabinets".   I'm using melamine as paneling because it matches the gel coat of the high top and is very easy to maintain. 

The fridge is an ARB 50qt which has performed flawlessly for over 6 months, even in 100+ degree weather.

Under the fridge is storage with a removeable oak trim piece held in place by magnetic cabinet catches.

[Moderator's note for those with limited bandwidth or data: Clicking on the image below will take you to a photobucket page.]

That is such a nice looking interior, so clean and well done.

Thought  "before" pics might put things in the proper perspective.

This was the interior of the $400.00 Dodge van as I bought it.

[Moderator's note for those with limited bandwidth or data: Clicking on the images below will take you to a photobucket page.]

Exterior pic:

current exterior:

Dude... come outfit mine when you're done. :) lol Very nice!!!

real nice. who's your helper the one sitting next to the steering column. highdesertranger

highdesertranger said:
real nice.  who's your helper the one sitting next to the steering column.  highdesertranger

That's Black Bart, the watchcat.

Congratulation 66788, what a nice build. I can't believe you find such a van for so little. Nice to have a break every now and then. Now all that's left to do is have FUN!!!!!!

Nicole

WOW...me too!! ^^^

You've done an outstanding job with what you started out with!! Doesn't look like that same van at all!

Well done, Sir!

WOW! I'm impressed! That is one clean conversion.
Can you tell me please what the length is bumper to bumper?

18 feet 8 inches bumper to bumper.

Just finished the two doors that go on the food storage area.   Oak with almond melamine inserts that match the side paneling of the van.

Once I complete the melamine work from the left door to the rear of the van, the cabinets will be complete.   Seems like the final work goes so slowly compared to the initial work.

Before doors:

after doors:

Dude (?) that looks nicer than my condo!!!

It sure does look fantastic!

Makes my woodworking skills look like the amateur that I am!