EZ Fudge

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

eDJ_

Reaction score
Awhile back I fixed this little old Ladies computer for her.  The Grand Kids mess with it and you can imagine it. 
By the time I did periodic maintenance on it and got it back up and running like it should be running she was
wishing me that the Angels visit me at Christmas.  (Yep, the Grand Kids dressed as elves bearing tin cans of
Christmas Fudge and candies they had made)   LOL 

But I know she doesn't have loads of money and yet she was saying, "Oh, it was nothing". 

Before the elves left I opened the can and shared it with them.  The younger elf whispered to me it's made
of cake frosting....it only takes a couple of minutes.  

So I thought I'd share with the CRVL folks a recipe for and inexpensive 9x9 pan of fudge where you can make all the variations that there is cake frosting. 

Take 1 can of Cake frosting.  Dollar tree has Chocolate & Vanilla for a buck and sometimes cream cheese frosting. Turn the frosting into a mixing bowl and set by.  In another bowl that is microwave safe empty a bag of baking chips such as chocolate, butter scotch, peanut butter, mint, vanilla, cherry, or any other flavor you can find and nuke these in the microwave and stir and repeat this process until they are melted and creamy.  (glossy)

Stir the frosting into the melted chips until well mixed and if you want chopped nuts, candies such as M & M's,
crushed up cookies, or candied fruits etc, mix them in too.

Then turn this into a 9x9 baking dish and place in the refrigerator for 1/2 hour to one hour until well set.

Then cut it up in pieces to package for later consumption.

This is a simple Fudge an Cheap Living RV dweller could make when they get a craving for something real sweet.

What combinations can you imagine ?

You could always use a double boiler instead of the microwave and set out to cool instead of a fridge. When we made fudge, it was always in a double boiler, we didn't have a microwave back then :p

Just use a regular pan on the stove.  

You can always eat your mistakes  ;)

I just made this and it is so easy and taste great.

I melted 1 bag of peanut butter chips in a metal bowl over a pan of water.  Stirred in  a can of cream cheese frosting.  Spread in a 8 x 8 pan and cooled  in  fridge.

:mad:   WHY am I on this thread!

I am diabetic!   

MOMMY!  ;)

Aaaaah the creativity !   :D

But when your sweet tooth calls, you're liable to eat frosting right out of the container.  LOL