End homelessness San Diego !

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vanvanvanvan123

Reaction score
A fellow traveler in this life , told me San Diego mayor has began removing the tents of people living in the street
AND plans to impound our vehicles are in the works. As she put it - first step is you will get a ticket for living in van, the next time you are spotted - your vehicle is impounded . Thoughts sought
Thanks

There is plenty of land outside of San Diego where you can Boondock. It just means traveling 20 to 30 miles. They cleaned out all the low level transients from the Thousand Trails park there more than 7 years ago. I was one of them. I had a home built pop up trailer that was just not good enough. They still wanted my $5,000 but they also took away my ability to stay three weeks at a time. I was forced to move to a new park every week. So I got out of the contract at a loss. I'm glad San Diego is ending street camping. It means it will be a great place to visit as other cities decline into post apocalyptical despair.

The subject of homelessness has been discussed many times here and usually ended up political and closed. It is what it is. You are who you are. You determine how much you can do with the resources provided here and through organizations like Homes On Wheels Alliance you can not only survive but in some cases thrive. Wishing you the best outcomes.

We need to get you out of San Diego. Somebody else may need to get all of us out of Cali, though.

It's happening in Arcata too, so do NOT cross the Humboldt County line without friends and enough gas to make it to Crescent City.

We oldsters are just FINE once someone kicks the right reflex and restarts our survival instinct. Cali isn't worth it.

Even if the only happy road experience you ever had was a gap year between high school and college, you can still abandon your thumb by the side of the road and keep going because you HAVE to.

That was kind of the whole point of Steinbeck's The Grapes of Wrath.

You HAVE to. Your life is worth more than politics and stickers. Get the **** out of Cali if it is making you hate yourself.

You are worth more than your circumstances.

Shake off the shackles of urban van dwelling in a hostile community. There are way too many other opportunities in other places.

Shake off the shackles of urban van dwelling in a hostile community. There are way too many other opportunities in other places.
Shake off how? I work have a week In urban city

San Diego’s nearest shakleless community would be where !

California has never been friendly to vehicle dwellers. Especially in its bigger cities.
The countryside away from bigger cities is exceptional there, but the same could be said most anywhere in the USofA, really.

I'm lucky in that there is a regular community here that respects things so we aren't being tailed or chased by Leo. That being said, it only takes one entitled jerk to ruin it. Luckily my business here is almost done and I'll be spending the winter in Q again, finally unencumbered.