'Ello!

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PatchTwist

Reaction score
Hey, everyone! I'm new to this forum (but have been visiting this site for quite some time), so I guess it's only polite to introduce myself. I'm Patch and I'm from Michigan.
I have been plotting, planning and the works to hit the road in the near future. I'm close to getting my little home on wheels and within the next year I begin my wanderings. Huzzah! In the meantime, I'm prepping,  researching, and am always open to advise. 
I have been aching for a vandwelling life for ages. As a kid, I wanted to just go wherever my feet took me. I have spent too much time in my current situation, so if I am going to make a change, I'll chase my dream instead of side stepping.
I don't know quite what else to say about myself... 
I look forward to browsing and adding to this forum
:)

Welcome to the forum. I grew up in the detroit area and left Michigan in 1972. I have been mostly on the West Coast for most of those years.
I may visit there again, (but it won't be in the winter). Spring and fall are the best there.

Hey PatchTwist! Michigan is a nice state. Lived in the U.P for awhile and then moved downstate for a few more years. Fun times!

Welcome,  I just started living the Nomad life full-time.  I knew I would never really be ready and if I put if off I could lose my sanity and my life.  I have been living with an abusive man and the only vehichle I own is a car.  I decided to just do it.  Just went to the RTR in Quartsite and learned so much.  If you can go next year do it.  It will equip you with everything you need to know along with Bob Wells videos and the blogs and forums.  Hope you make the jump.  I have no regrets.

Welcome to the forum!

I grew up in Goodrich,Mi about 6 miles from Flint.

Welcome to the CRVL forums Patch! Have fun plotting and planning! Keep us updated and we really would love to see pictures when you get your home on wheels. :)

To help you learn the ins and outs of these forums, this "Tips & Tricks" post lists some helpful information to get you started. We look forward to hearing more from you.

Awe, thanks for the warm welcome, guys!
DeeLugton, I'm glad you took the leap to get out of that situation and into a safe life all your own. I plan on making it to Quartsite this winter if all goes well. I get excited just thinking about it.
To my fellow Michiganders, yes, MI is a very beautiful state. The season changes are exquisite and the land has so much variety. I may be changing my residency from here, but I'm most certainly going to come back for visits. :)

Welcome aboard Patch !
Hope you get your new life on track soon.
I know you said you've been on CRVL for a while but if you have any questions ask away !

Welcome Patch, look forward to following your progress. BTW, I lived in the UP for 4 years, beautimous place. Also spent 2 weeks up there this last October in my van.. All the best

Welcome to the forum Patch! I am fairly new as a commenting member here. Just like you I was a long time lurker. I am (going to be) living the van life four days a week. Not out of choice, but of necessity. Still, I am having a good time thinking it out and pulling all my stuff together. Hope you do too!

--joe

jimindenver said:
Welcome to the forum!

I grew up in Goodrich,Mi about 6 miles from Flint.

I lived in Brandon Township near Ortonville. Used to go to Goodrich to pick up donuts on Saturday mornings.

The then wife's family had a cottage in Canada near Kincardine, when we drove up there we would pass through Goderich, Ontario.

I always thought about having a rally from Goodrich to Goderich. The Good-God Rally.

I'll get my coat.