Ehrenberg Caravan Gathering. Who's here. Connect here.

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
We will be joining back up with the caravan in parker .Fyi we have dogs who bark that we are working on training and we have a generator that is a bit loud (68dba) that we run a few hours a day to supplement our solar suitcase. We have a beige class c with a blue stripe. If you end up close to us and you have a problem with anything please just politely knock and let us know

QinReno said:
As a point of information, and being a van person myself .... given that 75 people will be wandering around together for 2 months as a big tribe, and with many traveling in vans and cars, it would be interesting to know where are all of those poop bags are going to be deposited. Flying-J may not be very happy. Do the Caravans-Inc have any good solution for this?

If I can avoid dumping it at a refuse center, I will do this by combining the poo with the pine pellets kitty litter sawdust we produce, shake and bake it all in the bucket, then sun dry and burn it with desert wash mesquite and branches after it has mostly sun dryed for a day. The burn does not have any poo smell and it it smells like normal camp fires. There are plenty of deserted areas if you feel it necessary to isolate the process from possible people. It works, just ashes remain.

CampDragonFly said:
It works, just ashes remain.
LOL, I like the idea of burning it to ashes. You will notice there is a long recent thread called playing with poop in the Hygiene section, and despite all the dozens of comments, there didn't seem to be a really good solution when it comes to pooping in a bucket. And HDR has pretty much dissed everything.

The bottom line is, pretty much everyone I've seen, other than a few, are pretty much in total denial. So good for you, CDF,  and as a newcomer too, that you are thinking about this issue. +1.

towedhaul said:
I think it might be useful to have a facebook page where Caravaners can communicate and share info. Thoughts?  I can set one up as a trial page.

I won't do Facebook. Besides, we are currently writing messages on a website for vandwellers. Wouldn't it be more appropriate to ask Bob or the moderators to create a separate forum for each different official caravan?

We could have a category for all the caravans. Under that category, we could have one forum for general discussion/questions about caravans in general (redundant, I know), then we could have a separate forum for each official caravan.

highdesertranger said:
I absolutely will not go on Facebook.  long story but they are for real pirates there.  highdesertranger

I don't normally post just to say, "I agree." but this is one point that I want everyone to know just how much I agree. 

I won't do Facebook to save my life, because it would probably indirectly kill two babies and a puppy in the process.

Ha! I don't do FB, either but that's not why- Still, so funny, LCTD... :D

Hi All,

I will be arriving in the early afternoon at the Ehrenburg site on Friday (12/21) just in time to spend the holidays with you all.  The is not my first boondocking experience, but pretty close (only 7 mights so far).  So, I am both nervous and excited to be with a group of dry camping enthusiasts! I look forward to learning from you all and to making a few new friends.  I will be driving a brown truck and pulling a 16' Scamp trailer.  Please stop by and say "Hi."  

See you all soon!  :)
David