Ehrenberg Az

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lilhippytoo

Reaction score
soo im just wondering if anyone is at the Ehrenberg Az location that Bob describes in his you tube video..need a place to be for a few weeks between jobs and want to check it out

It's a beautiful day here in Ehrenberg with a nice cool breeze!
This will be my one and only post as I have had experiences with your group both here and in Flagstaff.
Dear people, please understand that not everyone that lives in a van and every group of vans in Ehrenberg are part of your group. With three million people on the road and thousands of Van dwellers there are many many tribes. A tribe is formed when a group has a common interest. Our group has no common interest with yours. When you see a group of vans or even one van off in the distance please don't assume that we are part of your tribe. It is always good to be respectful when parking near someone and asking them is it okay. Your perceptions of yourself are quite different than the perceptions of others outside your own community.
Let's all of us enjoy Ehrenberg, and respect the privacy of others.
I thought it was a good idea to say this, and I am going to sign off now and will not see any comments. Peace and happiness to all of you.

Mr. X said:
Let's all of us enjoy Ehrenberg, and respect the privacy of others.
I thought it was a good idea to say this, and I am going to sign off now and will not see any comments.  Peace and happiness to all of you.

Okay, kids...

Let's all behave now.  

hahahahah.

Seriously, though, I'd love to know what prompted that comment and who Mr. X is with, if anyone. 

I can guess, but that's all it would be. 

Oh, well, 

ROCK ON, MABLE

seems a little grouchy to me. but of course respect of some ones camp is always the rule, for everyone everywhere. highdesertranger

Well, Mr HDR, 

I think your instincts are right on the money.  Isn't it amazing how someone can say something negative, and sound so sweet doing it??? 

That's what the corporate world has added to each and every one of our lives.  "You're being laid-off... but don't worry, you'll still get paid till January!  ".  Oh, yeah!  That's what I'm talkin about!

You're right, of course regarding respect.  I always approach a camp from at least 20 yards away, and am as respectful as I can be.      I can just imagine , however, some poor newbie not knowing any better, pulling up, saying "Hi!" all bright and cheerful, and receiving the cold shoulder.  Just purely because they don't know any better.  

Regards,

Pat

Think that is why Escapees Club sells those 2' round bumper stickers they have on the front and back of their motor homes?

Our group has no common interest with yours.
Your perceptions of yourself are quite different than the perceptions of others outside your own community.

I wonder what group X is in, and what their perception of us is.  I am thinking about the reaction of a grizzled biker to an excitedly waving scooter rider.  :)  Maybe they are STP/slab folks?

Agreed with HDR that it is a good reminder to practice good ettiquette.  And I do appreciate the civil tone of X's comment.

Drive by annoyance at best. I never thought of this group of people in this forum as a tribe. I view it as more of a place to post your knowledge and learn from others. The RTR is more of a hands on version of here. I'm sure Bob has his own tribe he regularly has contact with. I'm sure there are other tribes that come here to post that have their own group too. I suppose there are snobs in every circle of existence.

Gee, most of the people I have met have acted as they are part of this tribe. They are helpful, considerate, fun to be around and I have dropped in on a number that I did not know already. Stop, say hi, do you know of the site or RTR and of course there have been those that did not. Most though are very friendly and even now want to know where I am or will be. It's Max of course, not me. They just can't seem to get enough of the Q-tip.

Likely the OP handle had something to do with it.

Growing up the word hippy had nothing but positive connotations for me.

As an adult I've met some people for whom it seems to be disparaging.

Realistically how would they know unless they ask though? I agree be respectful, don't make assumptions, and don't cozy up to anyone's site unless invited regardless (i feel people on this, when i was at ehrenberg people camped a little too close but it didn't bother me enough to make it an issue).

But in the same turn don't assume that you won't ever be approached by other people in a wide open public camping area like that. If i didn't want anyone i didn't know approaching me I'd be more remote somewhere.

I remember one video he did about coming out to the desert and experiencing this lifestyle and finding your own tribe. I don't see myself as being in a tribe on this forum. To me it is a place to post knowledge and experiences as well as learn new stuff. A tribe to me would be maybe a dozen folks or couples that have similar interests in what my wife and I do and regularly camp in the vicinity of each other. But... that's just my feelings about tribes. I'm sure others have different opinions.

It has been a few years since I was at the RTR but really enjoyed the people there that were willing to show you their rig. A lot of people here are hermit types and probably wouldn't want contact with strangers normally and the RTR and the atmosphere of tribe probably gives a sense of security that allows this to happen. Probably a good idea if your open to visitors to put out some kind of welcome mat.

In the absence of a more cheery universal symbol for "Leave Me Alone", these will likely work.

three-warning-signs-of-health-hazards-and-environmental-dangers-in-F0N0A5.jpg

I noticed when I saw some of the videos of the van build that people were right on top of each other. And I understand that was in part due to location, but it was a turn off to me. Bob's last couple of videos offered camping etiquette that I thought covered "boundaries" quite well, but maybe not everyone has seen those.  :s

some people like to be close and some don't. that's what nice about RTR, there is plenty of room for either. highdesertranger

Hope that is still true, I'll be watching you through my spotting scope!