Ecoflow

Van Living Forum

Help Support Van Living Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacqueg

Supporting Member
Reaction score
This is by way of a caution.

In December, I purchased an Ecoflow Mini portable power station. Worked great until it didn't - it stopped accepting a charge from the car charger. This is critical for me. Their FAQ said I should try another cable, and if that didn't work to return the power station. It didn't, and I did. That they have this in their FAQs says to me that this is not a unique problem. The fact that Costco no longer sells any Ecoflow product MAY suggest something similar.

Not sure what I'm going to replace it with yet, suggestions welcome. I want something that can run an 800-watt rice cooker. Note, I use the portable power station as kind of an interface with my 200 ah Renogy.

I suspect the Ecoflow's internal battery might be the issue.

A 800 watt rice cooker could use a modified sine wave inverter (cheaper than pure sine wave), maybe a 1,000 watt MSW would be more than sufficient. Experts will be along shortly, I'm sure.

My rice cooker is a small unit, 300 watts, and pulls 24 amps. Not a big deal to my 200AH of AGMs. I have a Samlex 1000W pure sine wave inverter to power electronics.

Hi Jacque............we can add an inverter to your system in the van........We use this 1000 watt one

https://www.donrowe.com/KISAE-SW1210-Power-Inverter-p/sw1210.htm
What do you need outside at your chair ?.........maybe a cheap power brick
Inverter sounds like the way to go, now that I have this massive Renogy.

Costco is now selling an off-brand portable power station that is not getting decent reviews. They are also selling an odd Jackery combination - one large Jackery with its associated solar panel, and one small Jackery with its associated solar panel. Not what I need, and too much money to boot. I could wait on Costco to sell a brand I've heard of, I'm sure they will sooner or later. My experience with the Ecoflow and Costco's instant return policy means I probably won't want to buy a replacement from anyone but Costco. Home Depot's return policy isn't nearly as good. Not interested in keeping packing materials in order to be able to return a battery to its maker.

None of this will be a huge issue until it starts getting dark early again. Right now I'm in a coffee shop, and those are easy to find.